Thursday, September 16, 2021

9/16/21 Treated Myself To A La-Z-Boy Recliner?

I hope they are not just hype, but I went and bought what I hear are the best chairs around.  I have  been considering buying myself a recliner, I am now an old man (turned 50 a couple weeks ago), and  itjust seemed like it was the right time for it.  A few months ago we spent a weekend looking at and trying different chairs all over town.  I can't say one felt that much better than any other, but I did like that the La-Z-Boy chairs were specifically made for bigger people.  They seem more focused on height than weight, but it just seems to go together somehow.

    Once I decided I was going to get their chairs, I had to decide which one.  They have so many choices, but because we are in this shitty time in history, it is hard to get stuff expedited.  For example, they have over 10-15 chairs in the oversized section, and then one can choose between like 190 different clothes and leathers, but it might mean waiting up to 6 months to get something specific.  Instead, I settled and chose one of the three chairs I kind of liked, it is called the Randell and it is meant for people taller than 6ft 3in, so the back is way tall for me.  I like that my head doesn't float in the air, it sits in the leather if I lean it back.  I also chose the electric version and although it rocks back and forth when in the chair position, the feet will come up and the back will go back independently.  If that is not enough, I can lean the back part and tilt forward the neck so I can watch TV without straining my neck up from a supine (laying back) position.  It also has a lumbar button that will press on your lower back.  I was able to crack my lower back, maybe for the first time while I was playing with the different chairs just by pushing the lumbar all the way forward.

    I am also happy to say that I did not just buy one, but in fact got the "2 for 1" deal they were advertising, I know it is BS because when we went in before the chairs were roughly $2700, and I got both for twice that much, but that way I get to put one in the living room and one in the bedroom.  I have found I sleep much better in a seated position, but on our regular chairs I scoot down so my head rests on the back and then my back ends up all weird almost on the seating part and my butt almost on the ottoman.  I shouldn't have to scoot down anymore, since these recliners have taller backs than me.  I also chose the one leather color they had in stock which is more of a dark chocolate compared to what we have which is more of an orange brown leather.  They will be delivered next week, so I am excited for that.



No comments:

Post a Comment