Wednesday, September 29, 2021

9/29/21 Infestation Will Get You Off Your Ass?

     I had had the thought of cleaning the pantry, you know, with my dooms day prep thoughts, I want the room so I can buy more canned foods and stuff that will keep, plus I want to know what we have in there, so I can plan and buy extra peanut butter, cooking oil, stuff like that.  Well, last night Wife asked me of I would run the Crock pot with some chicken so she could make chicken embueltos Wednesday afternoon, when she got home from work.  Once the chicken is cooked, its just a matter of wrapping some chicken in corn tortillas and loading them in a pan to cook in the oven so the tortillas warm up and absorb some sauce and the cheese on top melts.

    I hate having tasks to do, but I figured the quicker I got on it the quicker I could put it past me, but when I got the Crock pot, I found a trail of ants.  Fuck, is that annoying.  I then had to get everything pretty much out of the pantry, and it is a pretty big pantry so thanks to some ants, I was at it for a good 4 hours, but now I have some new room, and I have thrown a lot of expired food away.  Some of the Ritz boxes were dated from 2019, so I think it was time for a cleaning.  I hate the ants but I like that they got me off my butt and I cleaned where it needed it.

    This is like the squirrel situation in the early summer, when we got a pair of squirrels trying to set up camp inside our house up on the eaves.  Technically, they did, but the mama paid with her life as we exterminated her promptly.  This sucked because I like looking at the squirrels and have even fed them in the past.  But the minute you try taking my property, well, it's Texas, prepare to die.

    The other infestation I've had to deal with was a couple of birds had set up a nest in the vent ductwork from the washroom.  This was annoying because I couldn't figure out how they were making noise in the washroom, we could hear them chirping, I hadn't made the connection that the vent in the room leads directly outside because the washroom is inside the house,  not against an outside wall.  My neighbor then told me he could see them going in and out from the vent and when I went up on the ladder to investigate, I found that there is in fact a 2 inch hole.  Their is a cap that closes, but when the vent is on, it blows the cap open, so the birds must have caught it open and moved in.  I then ordered a mesh screen on Amazon and blocked it off, so those birds can screw off as well.

    It sucks to constantly be fighting nature, but I guess that is how it has to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment