Wednesday, September 8, 2021

9/8/21 My First World Problems?

     We went shopping for watches this past weekend, mostly because Boy is fixing to graduate this December if his classes hold up (he is hoping the two classes he has on Tuesday night don't interfere with each other, right now they are online).  I had promised him a nice watch for his graduation so it is getting time to deliver.  On top of this, I bought myself a nice Tag Heuer Monaco a few months ago that I really like, but technically it was my gift to me for Wife getting her promotion.  I know it's a tad F*cked for me to reward myself for her promotions, but she refuses to celebrate and splurge on herself, and I am not missing the chance to buy something nice, even if it is for me.  Anyways, while we were looking for said watch, I found a really cool little boutique store tucked in a strip mall in a high end neighborhood.  You have to be looking for it or you would never see it.  I ended up in this store while looking for a Bell and Ross watch I saw online that I really liked called the Red Diver.


    I was told they were a limited run watch, only 1000 were made and they were all sold out.  I gave my number to the lady and told her if she could find one, I might be interested in buying it.  We went back in and we talked some more.  I wanted Boy to see the watches they carried but he was pretty much set on an Omega watch he has wanted since high school.  Still, I don't know why the lady didn't do her homework the first time I went in, I would have bought this watch instead of the blue Monaco I ended up buying, but after shopping and finding the watch for Boy that I don't want to show yet, it won't be revealed until he does graduate, the lady called me yesterday saying she located this watch somewhere in Europe and she can get it to me, if I am still interested.

    The problem is the Monaco was around $5000, the watch for Boy was a little more than that, and now this watch would be $4000.  Technically, we could pay for these watches, but it would put a strain if some emergency pops up, and they always do.  I don't want to loose out on the chance to get this watch, specially since only 1000 were made, but it is a good chunk of money.  Wife said to go ahead and get it, it is what I was going to get myself for my 50th birthday, but I kind of feel like the Monaco is a good enough watch for my birthday.  It's so hard to be me, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment