Wednesday, September 1, 2021

9/1/21 Finally Got The Vaccine?

     I can say I was forced into getting the vaccine, but either way, here we are.  Baby A and I went and got the Pfizer vaccine today, they were offering it on his school campus today.  I kind of felt like we were forced because the last time one of the kids on the team tested positive for Covid, our son had to stay home and quarantine for ten days.  The rest of the kids who have gotten vaccinated, were allowed to continue practicing.  Extending this out, it just seems like it is going to keep happening time and time again.  Baby A was pissed when he found out he would be missing practice, I don't think he had missed a practice since he started playing in 7th grade.

    The actual process was no big deal, the nurses were set up in the cafeteria, since I had kind of decided to do it whenever my son did it, might as well, our other son is already vaccinated along with Wife.  The coach had announced today would be a shorter practice and they would be done by 7:00pm.  We got to the school at 7:05pm and they were still out there on the field.  Wife joked that we should go and pull him off the field, which I agreed.  I had already told my boss that I would be leaving work early today to go and get the shot, so I didn't want to miss out.  When we got to the fence surrounding the field, I felt a sting on my ankle and thought it was a fire ant, I looked down and there were a couple of bees.  I don't know why they stung me, but it felt like a bee sting, though I didn't have a stinger stuck in me.  It still kind of hurts (writing this at 11:30pm).  Even with this, we managed to get one of the coaches attention and she sent a kid out to tell the coach on the field to let our boy get off the field.  With all that padding and down at his height, our boy looks like a beast, he is already a thick boy, the shoulder pads and all the extra protection makes him look like 300 pounds of muscle.

    We headed into the cafeteria and started the paperwork, there is always paperwork, while he went to the locker room to change.  By the time he came over and met us, we had about finished signing all the stuff and boom, it was over.  He got it first, said he didn't feel anything, then I got it, and honestly, I didn't even feel the shot break the skin.  We sat for 15 minutes there, to make sure we were okay, then left.

    We came home and ate cheese burgers with some bacon, homemade and watched a show.  I don't know if it was the shot or that I didn't nap in the afternoon, but I got drowsy and went up with Wife and took about an hour nap, just before 10:00pm.  We got the shot about 7:40pm.  It is now 11:35pm and I feel fine, so hopefully, there will be no negative effects to the vaccine and we can start thinking about getting back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment