Saturday, September 18, 2021

9/18/21 Victory Medical, The Nice One?

     Who knew?  When I was getting my nasty leg scar fixed, I started going to Victory Medical, mostly because the location is not that bad, on Ben White close to Lamar.  Because of the location, I guess, it is always packed and the lobby is not made to hold a lot of people.  I remember going in there and literally falling asleep waiting, sometimes over an hour, it wasn't great, but when you don't know any better, you put up with things.  I was also going there when I started getting my testosterone shots, which I haven't done in probably two years, so maybe that is why I am such a little bitch, sometimes (jk, not really, I know I'm a pain in the ass).

    When Wife was told that we should take Baby A to see a doctor on Wednesday afternoon, Wife thought of this place and I am not sure if I gave her the wrong number or if the locations are affiliated but she was not able to schedule a visit until October there, but they said their location on Bee Caves could see him the next day.  I of course react like Wife is making me drive to Canada when she says I have to go to a new location, but this place was pretty great.  It is really only about another ten minutes and after seeing it, I would drive to San Antonio for the experience versus going to the old place.  This is almost neighbors with the office where we went to sign our refinance paperwork back at the start of the year.  We got there the back way, by driving past Barton Mall and taking some back roads, but I could have also taken Mopac and gotten off on Bee Caves Road exit.

    We got there about 20 minutes early and figured we would be ignored until around 1:30pm, since our appointment was at 1:15pm.  That was not the case, as soon as we entered and I had a lost look on my face, there was a small office with a receptionist person and in the lobby there was another reception area, but nobody sitting there.  I went in the smaller office and was promptly greeted by an enthusiastic lady and she was quick to find our appointment time and told us to wait in the lobby.  There were a handful of other people, but nothing too crazy and no poor/homeless looking bums anywhere in there.

    We sat for maybe five minutes and then I was called to pay my copay, $35.  Very reasonable.  Then another five minutes we were moved into the small examination room.  We were into our appointment by maybe 1:20, which is unheard of any time I have been to the doctors office.  I was going weekly when I had my leg thing and there were times when I was the first patient at 8:00am and I would still wait up to 30 minutes sometimes.  I was patient, but dammit, does that piss me off.  

    I totally loved this place though.  When the physician assistant suggested we needed an x-ray, I was sure we were going to have to go to the hospital, but she just walked us around the hallway and they had the equipment there.  Baby A was shirtless and getting shot with x-rays within 30 minutes of walking in the door.  This is seriously going to be my new doctor's office, it felt like they cared and wanted to get you in and out promptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment