Sunday, September 26, 2021

9/27/21 I Am Starting To Hate Austin?

     I am not sure if it is because we have been stuck at home for the past 1.5 years or if it is because of the constantly increasing population, but I am starting to hate living here in Austin.  Every weekend is the same thing, too much traffic to try and do anything outside the home.  It doesn't seem to be a problem if we are going to be home all day and we have planned accordingly and have meat and stuff to grill or do whatever we do at home, but the minute we venture out, we have to be a part of the pandemonium on our streets and highways.

    Saturday, after Baby A had his usual film break down after their Friday night games, he planned on celebrating his friends birthday at their house, so we went and dropped him off around 3:30pm.  This then gave us the afternoon free to do whatever we wanted, Boy is always off with his girlfriend, so he doesn't factor into our plans hardly ever anymore.  Wife asked if I wanted to go somewhere, to which I said "not really", where?  I then said I wouldn't mind going to Cabela's, since I have had a thing up my ass about doomsday prepping.  She hates going to these stores, and promptly said no.  I shrugged, not surprised by the outcome of the conversation.  We then kind of settled on let's go to Bath and Bodyworks, I admit I like a good candle, but goddammit!  There was a line of 10-15 people outside, and that pissed off Wife more than me, I figure this is the new normal, she hates it.  We went into a new store, Precision and Camera, but I am no longer all obsessed with photography like I was a few years ago.

    I then said "fuck it, we left and I thought I would make a run towards Cabela's and maybe Wife would say "Fine, let's go in for a bit."  The traffic on the frontage lane was so thick it took me a bit for an opening to get in and then I-35 was almost at a standstill, so why jump in there and put ourselves through that?  Wife also suggested going to Berdoll Farms to get more pecans, which I love, but I didn't want to even think about the effort to go north on I-35 to Ben White, in that traffic and then another 15 miles towards the airport and Bastrop, for some nuts.

    The mall is no longer a destination I want to head to, all the stores are just a little meh, so here we are.  Stuck in a city I am no longer in love with.  I still think a boat could change this, it would give us a reason to head to the lakes on any given Saturday or Sunday, but Wife is still a hesitant party, so I will keep on being patient.  To add to the negativity, I though I had finally patched the pool correctly this last time, it now seems to be leaking from a deeper crack, I have about given up on the idea that it is worth fixing, and we need to accept that we need to get rid of it and either just remove it or replace it.  I need something to be excited about, otherwise, we are just living in a box here.

No comments:

Post a Comment