Tuesday, September 28, 2021

9/28/21 Halloween Is In The Air?

     I know we are still more than a month away from actual Halloween, but I have taken out most of our bins and started decorating the house.  There is no rhyme or reason for it, but both Wife and I love the colors of the holiday.  Well, Wife is a witch at heart and loves everything about the holiday, I like the colors that correspond with the holiday (purples, greens and oranges) plus who doesn't like a slutty "fill in the blank" (girls will turn any outfit slutty for the event) costume.  I like giving the house a different look by hanging all of our various zombies, witches, spiders and whatever else we have bought over the years.

    We try and buy a couple different things every year, so we keep adding to the look.  I have taken to collecting all the zombie/scary "babies" that the Halloween store carries, I just bought a creepy little zombie girl with red eyes.  I have been sitting these babies on the posts of our stair rails.  We have about ten posts and I have almost bought one for every post at this point.

    Wife was losing her mind Monday at work.  She bought two cups for her drinks, she likes to keep a water glass and one with Coke/Pepsi for the drive, and since we were at Spirit Halloween on Friday, she saw some from Nightmare Before Christmas and Hocus Pocus, both very popular themes and part of pop culture, I would say.  Well, none of her coworkers were even aware of what the cups signified, the Nightmare Before Christmas cup was filled in the vacuum space to keep the liquids cool/hot with little Jack Skellington heads and no one recognized him.  The other one was more generic in Halloween colors but everyone should at least recognize Jack's head.  Wife was disappointed, to say the least.

    In years past, we would decorate and have a party, so the effort made sense, nowadays, we just kind of decorate for ourselves.  It does take a lot of effort, I have already spent about 2-3 hours on three occasions pulling out the bins and hanging things around the house.  The big showcase for me is always the stairs and for some reason, I always loose the lights.  I think it is because we leave them on until I take them off and replace them with the Christmas lights and half the time I just throw the Halloween lights in a Christmas bin, yes we have about the same amount for both holidays, probably over ten for each at this point.  I just bought the more expensive LED type that flash orange and purple so I can't just go and buy more, but of they don't pop up today or tomorrow, I am afraid I will just run out and get more.  I need the lights so I can put them on first, then all the spiderweb, followed by the giant spiders, it all fits together once its done, but I can't start without my lights.  The pic shows my incomplete efforts and some of my zombie babies, the newest is on the bottom post there, to the right.



No comments:

Post a Comment