Saturday, May 8, 2021

5/8/21 Mall Shopping?

     It has become extremely rare, but we spent a couple hours shopping yesterday at the mall.  We are celebrating my parent's 50th Anniversary today, and I wanted to dress up nice, so we went to buy some new outfits for the occasion.  I really wanted both boys to rally and just agree with me and put on a freaking tie but getting Baby A to do anything that isn't sports related is like the new phrase of herding cats.  That boy is difficult in his attempt to be lazy.  I told him early in the week we were doing this, I waited patiently all day because he had class and I didn't want to disrupt that.  Once it got past 4:30pm, which I was waiting for all day and he knew this as I told him in the morning when I took him to weightlifting class at 8:00am, then I reminded him during lunch at noon, he still acted like a turkey.  I called him in his room at 4:35pm, I was waiting for him to come downstairs by the door and he acts like "what?"  "I didn't think you were here."

    We texted Boy we were on the way, we had already discussed meeting out at the mall when he got out of work, then we left.  We pretty much only shop at Dillard's, Men's Wearhouse, and Buckle.  I also liked looking at the watches at Ben Bridge, but that is gone.  Boy called Baby A while I was looking for shirts for me and even though Baby A has grown up in that mall, we used to go once a week, at least, before Covid-19, he still told Boy "We are at the mall, I don't know which store."  That astounds me, what else can you say but "you are so pretty, Mijo." (usually only pretty girls can get away with being that useless).

    If all that wasn't enough, I was telling him all day "I want to buy you at least two new pants at Buckle."  He has been wearing their "cool" pants with the big oversized pockets since 7th grade.  Even at Dillard's when he found some Polo jeans I told him "well, get one, but we are going to go to Buckle to get you pants there."  After spending an hour at least at Dillard's, I got a dress shirt and tie, Boy got 3-4 shirts and a nice pant, we go to Buckle.  Upon entering the store, Baby A tells me "oh yeah, I don't really like those pants anymore, they are too loud."  All I could do was stare at him and shake my head.  Why not bring this up at Dillard's or any other time during the day.  He's not scared of me, we argue all day long (not argue fight, just discuss everything and anything).  

    He straightened out when the cute blond girl came over and started pointing at things she thought were cool (stupid shit he would say yes to).  He found some pants there without the big pockets and at least 3 T-shirts.  He did also get the Polo pant and 2 dress shirts at Dillard's, but man, that little boy does not make anything easy.  Every shirt he puts on after we go back and forth for a couple of minutes is work.  He makes a dramatic presentation of taking off his hoodie and slaps it back on, so it is going to take a lot of effort once he is fully dressed and we have walked 5 feet to the next rack of shirts.

    He also fought me over not wanting to wear a tie "I already wore a stupid tie to the funeral and it sucked."  This is where I do love shopping with Boy, he loves clothes and he doesn't say no.  Young knucklehead doesn't like a shirt if the material is different, he doesn't want anything he has to tuck in, he doesn't want anything white, he doesn't want anything expensive.  He definitely takes after his mother, she is just as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment