Thursday, May 13, 2021

5/13/21 Too Many Electrical Doodads?

     I have to admit I love all the electric options but sometimes they can screw you if you are not paying attention.  This morning we went out to take Baby A to school for athletics class and the rear trunk door on our Escape was open.  I am not sure how that could have happened and I was worried because I walk in and put the key by the door, so it either was opened last night as I walked in or I hit the button as I was putting my shoes on and it was only open for a few seconds.

    The thought of it open all night worries me because either a critter like a raccoon or squirrel could have made its way inside or worse, some human walking by could have made himself at home and taken whatever.  Luckily, I keep the car pretty empty except for my driving prescription glasses and a couple of small blankets which we use to cover ourselves on long trips and whatever other emergencies might pop up, oh yeah, and my gum.  It didn't look like anything or anyone got inside of it, so I have to assume that it had just opened as I was fidgeting with my Crocs, but I don't like that it can do that and we not realize it.  Speaking of the Escape, Wife has been using it every other week to take down to La Pryor and this weekend she said "now that I am going to be driving between Austin and San Antonio maybe we should cancel XM radio to save the $11 a month on the Escape."  I just looked at her sideways, the audacity (as the kids like to oversay nowadays), "I drive the car too, Donkey."  Just because Miss Queen Bee doesn't need something, we should just get rid of it.  How about asking me what I think?  She had already convinced me to remove it from the Excursion because I have Spotify so I should just use that.  Spotify is fine if you want to hear something specific, but sometimes I just want the music on without moronic deejays telling me how wacky they are playing childish pranks in the morning.  Anyways, enough of my first world car problems.

    Since DD is gone, I have been moving all our work out equipment to that room and I am about done organizing the room.  My old stereo from my college days is there and after it sitting idle for the last 3-4 years just collecting dust, it turned on with no problems.  It will only play FM stations and maybe the DVD player will play CDs, I didn't test it, I'm not even sure where my bag of CDs is anymore.  It is nice when you buy a quality item and it still works some 30 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment