Sunday, May 30, 2021

5/30/21 Beautiful Saturday?

    Saturday started a little dreary with light rain as the sun came up.  Still, I went and turned the pool pump on, with some persistence and belief, I have the water about 97% clean as of Sunday morning on this Memorial Day Weekend.  I can now see through the water and can see the smallest of debris still on the pool bottom which I probably need to vacuum out.  

    After my workout, drinking two cups of coffee and watching about 4 hours of Youtube videos, I finally went upstairs to see if Wife was ready to wake up.  I caught her in the middle of going to the bathroom, so she was out of bed.  Still, she tried getting back in and being lazy, this was around 11:00am.  I got up super early, at 6:00am and I felt good.  I went to bed around 10:30pm after all the brisket fun of Friday night.  Once I was able to get Wife up, she was agreeable to go for a drive and even to look at some watches, for fun.  I have been wanting to get a new watch, as I consider that my hobby of sorts now, but I can't decide what to buy since no one has Rolex watches in stock and I feel it a stupid idea to pay more for a used watch than what the new one should cost.  Still, Boy has gotten me convinced that The Real Real is worth checking out.  They are a consignment online store, but they have a small location at The Domain.  They do carry an assortment of watches and online there are good selections, but at the local store, they only had a handful of watches to try on.

    Walking around the Domain was about as perfect as a day can get.  The sun was out in the sfternoon and bright, but in the shade, the air was still somewhat cool and fresh.  It will probably be a few more weeks before our summer arrives when the heat and humidity becomes somewhat dangerous, so we took advantage of this perfect weather to go out and walk amongst the people.  I know it sounds snobby, but I so enjoy walking around other people with means, no one looks hungry and sad, like at every corner around Southpark Meadows, where the freaking homeless are a constant reminder of reality elsewhere.  Everyone looks their best and seem to just be enjoying the atmosphere much like we were.  We didn't really buy anything, but I still had a great day, Wife wasn't in a negative mood and even let me go see stuff I wanted.

    We left The Domain and headed to Bass Pro Shops to see their boats, I figure one time Wife will just say, do it, buy one.  I had what could just as easily be a down payment for a boat or a watch in hand, but I was shocked to find that they did not have any inventory at all, save for one tiny plastic jon boat.  As we walked, I pretty much convinced her, if for a second, that maybe the best way to go would be to just buy one Seadoo jetski this year and if we do find that we like it, then we can think of a second one next year.  It was then another shock to get to Woods Fun Center and find out that they too are totally out of all PWC, not even used Seadoos.  The guy we talked to said we could order one and it would take 2-4 weeks to arrive.  I can't see myself buying something without seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment