Friday, May 7, 2021

5/7/21 Perfect Gift For Wife?

    I've been thinking about a gift for Wife, well, Boy told me it's Mother's Day this weekend, so I haven't been thinking that long, but still.  I want to get something nice for Wife for her promotion and I guess Mother's Day, but she is so hard to buy stuff for her.  I am about done buying purses, I do that for most occasions, like Christmas or her birthday and she mostly just shucks them into the closet and keeps using those god-awful cloth Vera Bradley bags, like my brother likes to say "like a Poor."  They're nice enough I guess, but I like the shininess and solidness of a Brahmin, they mostly tend to look like alligator skin in different colors, or the classic look of a Coach bag, I would even be okay with an old school Dooney, but I know they just end up in the closet.
    Talking to the boys two nights ago, Boy suggested I buy her a nice watch, like a Rolex.  Hmm, I thought, I mostly look at those watches for myself, she always says she doesn't like expensive pretentious stuff like that for herself, but appreciates it for me since I'll die soon enough and the boys will end up with all my loot.  I mean she doesn't say it like that, but I can read between the lines.  I started looking last night and was pretty close to deciding to go first thing this morning, but stupid Ben Bridge doesn't open until 11:00am.  That was too long for me to sit and think about it.  She would be pissed if I went and spent $5000-$7000 on a watch for her, she is just not into material things like I am.  I looked at the website and kind of liked the "entry level" Cartier which have a quick change out strap, but even entry level means like $2500 and each different strap is like $350.  Plus, I know she isn't going to want to be messing around setting the time on it each time she tries to wear it, she is not patient like that.
   So then the thought came to me, I'll "gift" her the wood floors.  We've been talking about getting new flooring, I'll just go buy some boxes of wood flooring with the money I would have used for a down payment and she'll have something pretty to enjoy here at the house, now that she is returning home.  I think that is a pretty safe bet and once I pull the trigger on the flooring it will become true and not just a conversation.  The carpeting in the house is pretty awful, not just old and worn, but stained all over the place, so it is time.
    I think she will be more receptive to something like this than a dinky watch she won't wear after a few weeks but I'll be paying on for a year or more.  I am kind of excited to get this project going, although I should finish at least staining the fence outside before ripping into a new project.  If we do this though, it means I need to go buy myself a new table saw so I can do all those cuts.  I guess this would be a win win gift for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment