Thursday, May 20, 2021

5/20/21 Working As A Team?

     It is now Wednesday and Wife has now been at her new job three days.  I was unsure what the result of her moving back home would entail but for now, it all seems to be great.  If there was something that needed a mama's touch it is most probably Baby A and I have seen them bonding already over shows that I don't really care to watch, so it works out for them.  Mijo, both of them actually, are great, never had any behavior problems to worry about, but the young one is a bit of a brute.  We went almost five years with Wife working out of town, and although she was here every weekend, this little brute has developed an edge.  He is very independent, which isn't bad, but he is a bit weird when you try to hug him or grab him.  He's been around guys so much that he expects every hug to be some ploy to tackle him, so he tries to counter a hug with a punch or he'll stiffen up defensively.  I think a couple weeks of his mom forcing herself on him will melt him into a more lovably humanoid.

    At least for now, I am trying to make Wife's job as easy as possible while she gets used to the new environment and people.  I have gotten the house clean and maintained it clean for the last week.  I ran to the store and got a menu of food I could handle and low carb to boot.  I have been doing the bulk of the food and meal prep, such as today, I didn't cook the chicken but I laid it out on a pan and seasoned it, then told Baby A or Boy to throw it in the oven at 350 for a good 25-30 minutes at 6:00pm, which would then come out about the time Wife walked in the door.  I used the crock pot and did a pork butt yesterday.  I was going to make a small brisket tomorrow, but I am going to hold that for Saturday.  I am also thinking of making the ribs I got on Friday with some wings I bought today.  If anything, I am making food I enjoy without the gross wet "carne guisada" and other stuff I don't care for.

    I do find it weird and I guess either Wife got old on me, or it is part of the stress and effort of starting a new job, but Wife used to stay up until midnight and then function fine the next day, now she is going to bed before 10:00pm, which I get since she is getting up at 5:00am, but she still says she has bags under her eyes, so I think she needs a little more sleep, maybe 9:30pm will work better for her.  I think she just got spoiled living down in Crystal City where she would go to bed at 10:00pm and get up at 6:20am to get ready and be at work at 7:30am.

    It's all good, I will carry the family for a bit, it has been fun being in charge of what we eat and keeping up with the cleaning.  I'll probably vacuum on Thursdays and then sweep and mop on Fridays since that was always her pet peeve, seeing dirty floors.  I honestly can't tell before and after when I mop, but she gets all happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment