Tuesday, May 25, 2021

5/25/21 It's Great That Wife Is Home, But?

     Of course, it is great that Wife is home, it was time for her to come home, but I am still not adjusted to her being here full time.  I feel like I am in this great rush to get home every day when I get to work because she is here and usually that has been a unique and kind of special circumstance to her being home.  I found myself yesterday pissed off at work because there really wasn't much in the way of work but the tools were not working as they should, the standards we use are usually made by the time I get there and they were but I had to remake them, sometimes they just get contaminated.

    I was home by 8:30pm, but by estimation of walking in and only seeing two simple samples, I should have been able to get them done in less than an hour.  It is stuff like this that makes me feel like it was better when Wife was away, I didn't really worry about when I finished and went home for the night.  This is not a big deal and I am sure I will get used to her being around all the time in a while.

    Another thing that sucks, mostly for her is the commute.  The distance isn't even the issue, if she was doing the commute like my brother does out there to Laredo, there really isn't any traffic to slow or affect him, but Wife is running between Austin and San Antonio and that just means she is on the highway with thousands of other people trying to do the same thing.  Normally, she can leave the house at 5:45am and be at work by 7:10am, but on the second day, there was a tractor trailer overturned in New Braunfels and she was late by a good 20 minutes, getting to work around 7:50am.  It seems that daily she is getting slowed down to a crawl in San Marcos, it doesn't even seem to be accidents, just too many people on the freeway slowing everyone down to a standstill.  She can loose as much as 20 minutes of time just siting there not moving, then it all clears up and seems like nothing was wrong.  I have driven with her and experienced this, it is almost more annoying than when there is an accident because there is nothing to hate on.

    It also seems like I am in constant food prep mode now too.  I take the meat out we are going to eat the next day like always and put it in the fridge, but now I also have to think what we are going to eat for dinner too and prep that as well.  Today I forgot to start the beef stew I had planned for tonight, I didn't think about it until noon and the meat was still a little too hard from being frozen, so I guess that becomes tomorrow's meal instead.  I liked just focusing on my steak lunch and then eating whatever for dinner.  Now every meal requires thought and planning.  Add to that my brother in law getting on us about eating too much beef and now it seems most of our meals are chicken and pork.  It is cheaper this way, but steaks just seem so perfect and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment