Saturday, May 29, 2021

5/29/21 Solving More Pool Issues?

     By Friday morning, the pool was also looking algae free but still a little cloudy, not fully clear which told me it was probably okay to jump in and work on it.  I always figure if we can jump in a pool or lake with green water, what is a little cloudy water going to hurt?  I then spent the day smoking my brisket for Mijo's party, which went in the grill at 7:30am, and cleaning the pool.  Because I closed all the inlets and outlets, which seems to have stopped the water from leaking, I needed an artificial skimmer to remove debris from the surface.  I looked on Youtube and found some homemade ideas.  I sort of took the ideas I saw and made something I really liked, taking a T connection with 4inch PVC tubing with a 1.5inch connection and connected this to some flexible pool tubing which I then floated perfectly with pieces from a styrofoam floatie which I zip tied to the T and this floats perfectly on the surface, so it is essentially sucking the surface from both sides and slowly over the course of about two hours I saw less and less crap on the surface of the water.

    It was so nice to get in there, because I was getting in for "maintenance", I just bit the bullet and kept moving in instead of dancing around thinking it was too cold.  It did feel a little cool going in but being the day had been warm with the sun out, I think it got to the 90's before the rains came in, it just felt great.  I looked at my shoulders and I even have a bit of sunburn, I was probably in the water for 2-3 hours total.  After I did my little skimmer trap, I had to get out for about 40 minutes because Baby A had to take a book back to campus and pick up new books for a summer class.  The end of the school year has quietly creeped up on us.  Anyways, after we got back, I said screw it, and went back to mess some more with my pool.  I found a scrubbing pad and got in with the idea of scrubbing the walls of any algae and stuff on it.  It has a lot of small age cracks and stuff, but honestly, for almost 20 years old, that pool still looks pretty good when it is cleaned up.  I went all the way around and even used this vacuum thing on the bottom to start sucking on the sand silt stuff on the bottom I could feel with my feet.

    I also just floated there impressed looking at my little creation sucking the dead bugs and surface stuff, when it looked clean, I would swim around and guide more stuff clinging to the walls at the water's edge just to see it get sucked away.  It then rained really hard for about 2 inches I would say given how much the pool water went up, which ruined my perfect looking pool as I had it at 5:30pm.  It's okay, I have it under control for now, I just need to keep the pool pump running, I told Wife we can spend the weekend out there hanging out and she agreed, saying she would get in Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment