Thursday, May 6, 2021

5/6/21 So Many Activities, But No Time?

     Once in a while, it seems like everything is waiting on you to get things done.  I kind of feel that way, not sure if it is because Wife is coming back home or maybe because it is spring and soon it will be overbearingly hot once again.  I am sitting here not wanting to get too excited because I do have to go to work tonight, but we started staining the fence about three weeks ago and it is still not complete.  I am unsure if we will have a chance to work on it this weekend, but I would like to get it all stained so it looks uniform all around.  Now that the first part has dried, it looks much better than it did when it was still wet.  Since I am talking about the backyard, Wife and I came up with a solution to just plug up all the inlets and outlets and use another long piece of pipe like I have been using for the return on top of the concrete.  I agree with Boy who said it'll look a little ghetto, but if it means we can fill the pool and use it, so be it.  Nobody really hangs out with us anymore, so it is really for us.  With Wife back in town, it'll be easier to envision jumping in on a random weekday evening if I can get out of work early enough.

    I hate to say it, but my two extra tall palm trees are not looking great, they still haven't produced anything looking green up on top, so they may have died in that weeklong freeze, so at some point I am going to have to cut them down.  Since they are taller than the house, it might be a bit of a challenge.  It won't be the worst thing, I don't really like how tall they got, they make me kind of nervous they might fall over and damage the neighbor's property.

    Looking inside, now that DD is gone, we are turning the downstairs guestroom into our weight room, I just feel the squat rack in the living room and a bench press in front of the big screen is a bit too tacky with Wife coming back home.  While doing this, I know we need to just bite the bullet and replace the flooring.  Maybe it would cost more, but be quicker and get crossed off the list if we pay someone to do it.  I know it is going to get expensive, but I still want wood, at least downstairs and the hallway outside the bedrooms upstairs.  I might still decide on carpet for our bedroom maybe, and the boys, if they wanted.  I don't really like walking on cold flooring in the morning or on cold days, but we'll see.  Slippers could also solve that problem.

    Finally, I don't necessarily agree, but Wife thinks it's time to repaint the house.  This is a monster of a task, the house is huge and I am scared to tackle it again.  The first time I had plenty of cheap labor in Boy and his friends.  I paid them like $300 total which they used for prom, but I don't know if I could get them going again.  I am hoping by the end of the summer most of these things are done.  I have been talking about the flooring for at least three years now, it's time to get the finger out of my butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment