Wednesday, May 5, 2021

5/5/21 Recovering From The Last Few Weeks?

     Why can't we just be dumb Mexicans deciding between getting drunk with Corona or Modelo?  It is Cinco de Mayo but for us here, it was a rough slow morning.  Baby A and I were in bed by 11:00pm or so last night, but he could still not get going in the morning.  I woke at 7:05am and went and called him.  I did what I usually do, turn on his light, say a couple of "come on, get up, let's start the day..." then I went back to my room and fell asleep, knowing I put a backup alarm on my phone for 7:30am.  I got up and almost didn't get out of bed, snoozing a bit until 7:50am.  I yelled "sorry, let me pee and brush my teeth and I'll take you." only to come out of my room to see that he never even got out of bed.  He missed his 8:00am athletics class but I wasn't going to push too much, if he felt as shitty as I did.

    I came down to have my coffee and get a load of clothes going figuring and extra hour of sleep would be good for him.  I went up at 9:00am to try and wake him and I noticed Boy was still asleep too.  I knocked on his door and he said he was not going to go in to work.  Baby A came out to take a shower at that point to try and start his day.

    It is rough breaking a routine and going away from home for more than a day or two.  Just the weekend before we had spent four days in Houston, then we had to come back and deal with the first funeral, leaving Austin on Wednesday night.  We were there at Wife's apartment for the first night, then at my mom's the second night.  We came back to Austin Friday night, then back to Crystal City on Sunday, this time with Boy in tow.

    Don't get me wrong, I love being at my mom's, she gets up and makes breakfast every day for all the grandkids and us, while we were there.  That is pretty good, to just sit there and have food magically appear without thinking about it.  I was on my third cup of coffee on one of the days before I had to say no more.  I am not sure if it would give me heartburn or prevent me from sleeping, but I normally drink 1 cup of coffee a day.

    Even last night, after both funerals were done and we were in "free mode" we still had to go through the 3 hour drive to get back home.  Everyone was worried I would get sleepy, but I took a nap before we got going and I was fine.  We still have another "get together" this weekend but it'll be in San Antonio for my parent's delayed 50th anniversary dinner we were going to do last weekend.  I have enjoyed seeing my people, but we really need a weekend at home to do some serious relaxing, maybe in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment