Sunday, May 2, 2021

5/3/21 Silly Mask Laws?

     I loved the idea that Governor Abbott announced that we don't have to wear a mask here in Texas and then it was even better to see the data that Texas did not explode with a ton of new Covid-19 cases.  It has been closer to two months since he made the announcement but the message is understandably slow to get across and out to everybody.

    We went to eat at Sea Island on our way back to Austin and because it was raining when we got there, I got off and forget my mask.  I asked the lady behind the counter and she said very casually that this was Comal County and they did not have any rules regarding the wearing of masks.  I said thank you and happily ordered my food maskless.  Today (Sunday) while coming back to Crystal City we stopped at Cane's for some chicken tenders and were met with a sign on the door that indoor dining was not allowed, but we could eat out in the patio like animals if we wanted to.  Since I couldn't think of enjoying my tenders and driving, we sat outside enjoying the sounds of the cars passing by on the freeway about 100 feet away, it kind of sucked, noise wise.  The part that pissed me off was that the lady came out to give us our food said "the rules change tomorrow, we will be open in the dining room for all and we can get refills without asking for new cups.  I understood these restrictions when everyone was scared in the beginning but at this point, why is anyone bothering with the BS?

    It is the same thing at every restaurant, we enter with a mask, order, then sit down and take our masks off while a waitress brings us drinks and food.  The memes exist for a reason, does Covid-19 really respect people's right to eat?  Does it not strike if you are in the process of eating or drinking which is when we can take our masks off?  We are all inhaling and exhaling in the building, there is no magical vent system to remove the impurities one breathes in and out, so it is safe to assume that being long enough in a building, the air molecules that went in and out of person A will eventually go into person B, a loose mask, which is how 80% or more of people wear them, is not going to stop anything.

    Boy tells me that the CDC just said it was ok to walk around outside without a mask if you have had your vaccination shots.  I didn't know this was not allowed, he clarified this, saying it was meant for when in a crowd, I still maintain that if you are with your people, you have already breathed their cooties in and out more than a few times.  I guess I can see a reason to use the mask in a crowd like at Tex Ren Fest with thousands of people walking around, but even then, I am going to have a hard time covering both nose and mouth.  Once we vaccinate Baby A, all four of us will be protected, I consider myself protected because I had it in January.  Wife has had her vaccinations and Boy needs the 2nd one here in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment