Wednesday, April 8, 2020

4/9/20 Backpack, Backpack?

    I finally broke out my awesome new backpack and took it to work.  I don't usually want dinky small gifts for Christmas because I usually just run and get whatever I need as I don't like to wait, but after discovering the 5.11 Tactical Store, I really fell in love with their backpacks.  Knowing that law enforcement and even medical technicians use these made me want them that much more.  By the time I walked out of there, I had bought a new bag for Boy, Javalina, and myself.
    I bought a big backpack for medical personnel, and what makes it made for them?  Well, it is orange on the inside, which the sales guy said was that in an emergency, searching through a black bag can be hard to find stuff.  By making it almost fluorescent orange, nothing can really hide inside the bag.  The contrast of the black exterior with the orange was all that I needed, only bright yellow would have been better.  I also like that they can be setup with a water bag and become fancy Camelbacks, like the ones we had on at Disney.  The difference is that these can be loaded with all sorts of stuff.  I still remember Javalina being about age 10, peeing at one of the Disney parks and sucking water at the same time from his Camelback.  That thought is always funny to me.
    I was trying to save the bag for a fun trip, but the way things are right now, who knows when we will be allowed to leave our houses.  So why the need for the bag?  Well, I am trying to avoid the breakroom for one, so I keep taking a large water cup, but then I also have my Beats earphones which fold up into their own carry case, but it is the size of a husky football, then we have to have gloves and facemasks, and I have decided I am going to wear eye protection as well.  Yesterday was such a clumsy day for me.  We are all having to walk in through a different building so they can check us if we are running a fever, and there are more doors and every time I was fumbling my headphones and worried about spilling my water, so today I said enough.
    I found a bigger half gallon jug that seals tightly, so I can take more water, I added a cup, so I am not constantly sucking from the jug and dropping cooties in there.  The headphones fit neatly in there, and now I can carry a bag of wipes, in case I have to go poop, so that's a nice addition.  Plus, with the extra room I can carry bottles of aspirin, and Ibuprofen, gloves, and face shields, along with some new clear safety glasses so I don't get someone's spittle in my eyeballs, not that I am trying to talk to anyone.  It is nice, my hands stay free to deal with that facemask which I have to remove all the time, I can't handle my own hot breath as I am huffing and puffing from our new much farther parking lot.  But it felt good to take stuff with me.  I can see me putting in some gum, and maybe a snack, sometimes I wait a good 8 hours before I come home for lunch.  Now that I got room, I can carry whatever, not just what fits in my pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment