Wednesday, April 15, 2020

4/16/20 It's Getting Closer?

    Well, it was just a matter of time.  My hometown where my folks still live had luckily escaped the wrath of Corona until yesterday.  Like my brother said, it is a mostly lower income city, so the people are not jet setting around the world.  I think most people had been trying to be careful, I mean we had plans of spending Spring Break down there and at the last minute my mom said nah, mostly because my dad is a Winnie, physically.  Years of smoking have left him weakened, so they are being extra cautious.
    But still, sometimes it just creeps up on you.  A young man reportedly has come down with it, and it turns out he is the son of Wife's coworker.  Luckily, Wife has not gone to work in about a month now, so we are safe from that source.  Unfortunately, the Coworker and her son honestly did not know he had it until today, but she has been hanging out with him, probably over the Easter weekend, although I am not 100% on that.  To make matters worse, his wife works at the local HEB, so she could have already passed it to a bunch of people and the mother in law works at the local medical clinic, so she too could have gotten it from him and gone and exposed everybody, shit I have an aunt there, and she still comes and visits my mom, so now everybody is going to be on high alert.  The coworker may have gotten it and she has been going to work religiously in La Pryor (next small town over), because like Wife (or so she thought), if they don't go, the school falls apart.  Everyone that was still showing up in the administration building is now under quarantine for the next two weeks, including from the superintendent all the way down to the cafeteria workers who were having to feed most of the city, for some wonky reason that doesn't make sense to me.  It is possible that for the love of a free meal, most of the city has now been exposed.  I told Wife from day one that it was stupid to be feeding the people like that as that was surely going to be a possible place for exposure, and voila, here we are.
    My two sons are everything to me, yet every day I want to shake Boy and toss him in a closet.  Just about every day, he has needed to go out of the house, either to get that right sauce for their dinner or whatever the reason of the day is.  Other than going to get groceries last Friday, Wife hasn't left the house all week.  I only go to work and right back home.  But Dumdum?  Nah, he has to go get this or that individually too.  He can't make one trip and get everything he might need for a couple days, that would be too easy.  I know it is part of being young and thinking you are invincible, but we do worry about him after having gotten sick with Typhus, his immunity is not the strongest, then he also had mono last year, so he should really be acting smarter.
    At least at work, they are checking us daily as we walk in with a thermal scan, and then Tuesday they gave me a couple of facemasks so I would have some to wear.  Plus, our boss said the company had ordered face shields for each of us and we will be able to take them home for our personal use.  I like that, but I am loving this whole new mandate of "finish the work for the day and go home."

No comments:

Post a Comment