Friday, April 3, 2020

4/3/20 Corona Is Too Close For Comfort?

    When I think of Texas having millions of people, a couple thousand being exposed shouldn't seem like enough for us to know anyone, but stuff doesn't always work that way.  My brother who is an attorney in south Texas was telling me that another attorney friend of his had an aunt pass away Sunday followed by his mom on Monday, now his friend's brother has gone to the hospital and the older brother is currently on a ventilator.  If this isn't scary enough, from my perspective and having my brother getting it, he said another 4 people he deals with semi regularly have also tested positive at the attorney general's office.  As he was telling me, a cold feeling passed over me thinking that perhaps my brother has been infected and he is a walking carrier, but then he said he hadn't seen any of these people since early January.
    The only good thing about having a ball busting wife is that when she speaks, the husband usually listens and his wife finally told him if you go back to work (he commutes to Laredo daily, over 90 miles away), plan on staying there or at your mother's.  I am glad she said this because he was blindly going along with "well, the courts said we have to process the inmates."  I am happy he can afford to take a couple months off, if need be, working with that population, one never knows, dealing with the prisoners coming in from Mexico, what he could be exposed to.  His little boy has asthma problems, so I can see why his wife would tell him no more.  Our dad only stopped smoking about 1-2 years ago when he almost died from pneumonia, so he is another weak link.
    Honestly, we have not seen our families since before February, so we are safe from that whole scenario.  But, a coworker's son works with the office of the UT president and the president's wife came down with corona, I thought the memo said it was the governor's wife, but I couldn't verify that.  The kid placed himself in quarantine and I can only believe my coworker did not visit with the son because she is still working.
    Then we have Sweetie living here.  Her and Boy have been fairly god at staying away from crowds, but I do worry that she works at HEB as an accountant or something, so she is up in the office, not just amongst the masses, but then she says when she takes a break, random people ask her where this or that is.  She said they talk to customers now with a plexiglass shield, but I still worry because of the volume of people going through.
    These fucking idiots in charge need to stick to one set of guidelines.  One minute telling us to wear a mask, the next, no mask, then no, we ,meant wear a mask.  These are the experts and if that is the best we got, people are going to roll their eyes and just do whatever.  Other than the fear of dying, these are some of the greatest times we will ever have.  I love being forced to be home with my peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment