Sunday, April 19, 2020

4/19/20 Losing Track Of Time?

    I find it a little funny to hear my kids saying "wait, it's Saturday, what?"  It sounds a little more common in the summer when they are off, but now it is like a perpetual summer break, but with nicer weather.  I have suffered from this at times because I get the four days off every other week, but usually I still stay on track as I am Javalina's chauffer to and from school.  Here is a level two losing track of time, sleeping so much that you wake up and don't know if it is 7:00am or 7:00pm.  I get that, specially because of our curtains that really block out the outside.
    Some days, I try and be normal, sleep a good ten hours and then try to stay up, specially if I have something to do, like on the days that I work.  But on the days that I am off and without having any major chores to do around the house, I can get up like on Thursday, I worked from about 5:00pm to around 1:00am Wednesday night, I refuse to take a lunch break or even sit down at work because I want to get in and out.  I got home, ate and was in bed before 3:00am, after watching a show or two with Wife.  I then feel like I have to get up early, so I got up at 9:00am, wrote a blog, turned on the pool pump and watched YouTube for a couple hours.  I then decided on a nap, which I slept for a couple hours, got up and ate some, watched more videos, and then napped again.  I was probably up at 9:00pm and complained about no dinner.  We ate chimichangas from a frozen package, and then stayed up until 2:00am.  Wife went to bed upstairs, I woke at 4:00am to go pee and stayed up until 6:00am, listening to a Loveline episode.  It was funny to watch Boy and Sweetie come down at 4:00am to make a snack, sandwiches and run right back up to their rooms.
    I am honestly glad we have been able to keep our lives going intact, both Wife and I are getting paid as normal.  I feel bad for the people protesting at the state capitol trying to go back to work.  My mom called to check on us that we weren't thinking of going out there.  Of course not, we don't get involved in group pack mentality shenanigans.  I mean, all those people are going to get is the virus spread amongst them.  This virus loves a gathering, whether it is idiots getting drunk in New Orleans, groups gathering to pray, or masses gathering to fight for their jobs, it only takes one in the group to have it.  My mom was most worried about those people having their kids with them.  My opinion is that the kids are least affected, so I get why they would be out there.  Plus, if they haven't worked and they didn't have savings (which most of us don't), how are they supposed to feed themselves and keep their houses and cars and stuff?  I imagine it is a very scary feeling to be forced at home when you are barely getting by.  People are probably calculating that as bad as it sounds, more than 97% of the population is surviving (I figure based on dividing the deaths by the infected, here in Texas I get 2.4% death rate), it is definitely worth the risk to go work than to loose everything they might have.  I feel uneasy every time I head to work, but if I want to keep my house and everything as good as it is, I gots to put on my big boy undies and march on.

No comments:

Post a Comment