Thursday, August 1, 2019

8/1/19 Is It Time For Our Babies To Make Babies?

    No, Boy is not pregnant.  I read on FB that his childhood best friend is awaiting a baby.  I contacted him on Snapchat yesterday and he seemed glad to hear from me, verified the rumor and asked how we were doing, all that good stuff.  My first instinct is "No, he just ruined his life, but at 25, isn't that about the normal age for humans to start reproducing?  I really take pride in that none of the boys that hung out with us growing up had babies willy-nilly.  This boy in particular worried me because he dated serious every time he was with a new girl.
    I say I take pride because when Boy turned about 12 or so, I started buying him boxes of condoms and I would basically throw them at all the boys that came through the house.  I would then tell them not to be stupid and "you are already poor, don't make this your permanent life."  Enjoy yourselves, but do it responsibly.  The only one that I know of from the whole group of kids that walked in and out of our doors to have a kid is our old neighbor's daughter, Girlie's cousin.  It is almost ridiculous because they were strict with her that she couldn't have a boy friend until she turned 18, and about five minutes after she turned 18, she coughed up a kid with an idiot I wouldn't trust to make my food at McDonald's.
    Anyways, the boy in question is going to Tx State as well and I kind of hate that they stopped hanging out, but Boy and him have to have had classes together, they are both in engineering programs over there.  He said he was fixing to graduate this December, so maybe the baby is a year early to me, but this is about the next best thing, if he is with a steady girl.  I invited him over, I want to know what he has been up to, but my phone was acting up so I don't know if he didn't respond or my phone didn't take his last message.
    As far as Boy giving us grandkids, I have told them to first get your degrees, both of you.  In this day and age, there is no reason to be suffering.  Boy will be done in May and the GF is also about a year away, so they should be focused on that light at the end of the tunnel.  I also would like for them to travel and have fun before spitting out shitty kids that slow everything down.  I don't mind them living with us for a couple years if they are both making big bank and I don't have to feel like I have to buy them a pizza now and then so they can eat.  I want them comfortable enough that they can take us to eat at nice restaurants occasionally without it affecting whether they have light at the end of the month.  We already did the suffering, there should be no reason for that BS going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment