Wednesday, August 14, 2019

8/14/19 Boy Wants So Badly To Be Man?

    I finally got to my limit and I had to say something about how Boy has been carrying on all summer.  I hate him playing house, which I told him this from day one.  I said to him and GF that I did not mind if he wanted to have his GF over on the weekends.  This quickly stretched to include Thursday and then Sunday.  By the time I figured it out, it is almost every night of the week.
    I told Wife that we needed to discuss this, and she said go ahead, bring it up next time we see them.  Well, that came on Thursday last week.  I was sitting at the table and they walked in joking about something or other.  As usual, my points were not taken well.  The first comment back to me was "I was just discussing with your son that it's been awhile since your parent's have butted into our relationship."  I thought this was rather rude, but all I said was "this is my son, I will always be involved and worried about him, and it is not butting in."
    Maybe in a perfect world I would keep my mouth shut, but this is not perfect.  Boy is still in the process of finishing his degree.  We could say he has already taken a long time, but really I don't care about that, he has to deal with dyslexia and he is getting a tough degree.  On the other side of the coin, GF could also be further along, she is also still working towards a degree.  Without a degree, what kind of life would the two enjoy?  I don't want Boy to just live one of those mediocre lives, happily living poor so he can be in a relationship, this is not a John Cougar Mellencamp song.  I want him to leave the house degree'd, and ready to be a functional member of society.
    He has to get through this semester, which he has packed with about 15 hours and then next semester he has the one class he couldn't take because they only offer in the Spring.  If all goes well, he will have his degree at this point.  We talked about it and he says that after he gets his degree, he may stay home another year to save up some money.  I had ideas of giving him a second bedroom and opening up the wall between the rooms, but if he is in such a hurry to leave, I might as well save me the money of doing something crazy like that.  I know this ends up being two years and a lot can happen between now and then, but shit with Wife working out of town and Boy wanting to move out, how much longer are we going to need such a big house?

No comments:

Post a Comment