Saturday, August 17, 2019

8/18/19 An Afternoon With The In-Laws?

    Wife had told me we were going to hang out with her family on Thursday or so and I figured we hadn't seen them in a couple weeks and what am I going to say, No?  They had all agreed on meeting down in New Braunfels because they were taking a drive out by the lake.  Since the restaurant chosen was so close to our lot by the lake, I assumed it was an intended thing.  We ate at Bare Bull BBQ and we were all surprised at how much food was put on our plates.  We didn't even get served on plates, they used the smaller cookie sheets.
    I ordered the nachos with chopped beef on top and we didn't even make a dent in it.  After ordering the nachos, I changed my mind and got a brisket sandwich.  There was so much meat on it that I couldn't lift it without it starting to fall apart.  I had to eat it by cutting it with a knife.  We were all impressed at how good and how much meat we were all served.  The food was delicious but what made it even better was that the building had great air conditioning, so even though it was 100 degrees, it was very comfortable to sit around and catch up.
    Of course, to me the trip was about my nephew looking at our old RV on the inside.  He has been wanting to buy the RV but on the super cheap family discount.  I want to make a couple bucks on it and not just give it away.  We went over to look at it after we ate, but were greeted by a load of trash at the front of our lot.  Apparently, the neighbor guy came out and has periodically talked to my father in law and he said that must have happened just this morning as that was not there the previous day.  I wasn't sure what to believe, but the trash is on our lot and we know that can't stand.  The guy said he had a trailer and they could get rid of it, today, if we wanted to.  We paid him and he actually gave Wife and my father in law a receipt.
    My nephew saw the inside of the trailer and said he was surprised that it looked better than he thought it would, it was very clean.  The outside has become weather beaten and kinda white and ashy looking.  He offered $800, I laughed and said I would rather throw a match at it and watch it burn than let you have it for chump change.  I said I wanted at least $2000.  He said that was too much, I said "yeah, but everything should work."  He wanted to see it working, but because of the trash up front, my father in law did not want to bring his suburban close enough to connect the electricity to it.
    I said we could do $1500 if he agreed to it today.  I was just thinking of the lot and what if other people start dumping on it, then we will be having to pay for a clean up all the time.  The whole thing just maybe turned me off to owning stuff I can't see all the time.  If I can unload the RV to my nephew and sell back the land to my father in law, I will have removed all the responsibilities I have down there.

No comments:

Post a Comment