Sunday, August 4, 2019

8/5/19 Parent's Visit?

    My mom called Thursday night to see what we were going to be up to this past weekend as she was really missing our boys.  Wife said she did not have much going on, she said she was down to 1 more paper to write before her summer classes end.  I told my mom it would be great if they came, we were just going to be home not doing anything important.  I then reminded her that Javalina gets out at 4:00pm, so try to be here before so you can see where his new school is at.  Of course, they got home about 3:50pm and not that I wanted to be rude or pushy, but it is a bit of a drive to get to his school and my folks are trying to get off their car and stretching out and I am just looking at the time and trying not to be too late.  This got my mom immediately ruffled, but she settled down after a few minutes.
    We picked him up probably a few minutes late, then we headed to Don Dario's which is what it is as far as Mexican food.  We then went home and I slept for a while, I love napping.  To try and salvage the evening, I suggested going to Central Market, I know my folks love the different things offered at Central Market, well my mom and brother do, most of it is a diabetes hazard for my dad.
    I got up way too early on Saturday, I was up at 4:30am, after falling asleep before midnight on Friday night.  I was up until 9:30am, catching up with my folks in the morning for a couple hours before going back to bed for my midday nap.  I got up around 2:00pm, and took a quick shower, thinking we were going to head out to eat.  Just as I got downstairs, my mom was getting back with breakfast tacos for all from Taco Cabana.  This made life a lot easier as I was able to poop before heading out to the mall after eating.
    The mall turned out pretty good, as they were having a lot of sales, specially at Dillard's.  I got  Ditto a few shirts and a light fall jacket.  My mom wanted to get Javalina a new pair of tennis shoes and he was being difficult in choosing a pair until he found a red pair in the clearance section.  He is kind of weird, never wants expensive shoes.
    On our way out, we walked by the bags at Dillard's and got all into the Louis Vuitton classic bags.  Boy saw a large duffle bag that he loved.  I told him if he got it, I would take a smaller normal sized duffel bag for myself and after hemming and hawing, we walked out with two "new" bags.
    I tried getting up early again on Sunday but fell on my face.  I ended up sleeping most of the time sitting in the kitchen dining table, instead of writing or watching videos.  Eventually, I greeted my parents good morning around 10:00am and they both suggested I go to bed for a while.  I did and then I didn't want to get up, even though I told them I would get up by noon.  I got up and showered by around 1:30pm and we went and ate lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse.  Lunch was really great, it had been awhile since we had enjoyed some good beef steaks and appetizers.  My parents left about as soon as we got back home afterwards which gave me the perfect afternoon with nothing to do but sleep.  We ended the evening by going to have dinner at Chicken Express which has slowly become a favorite place for us, even if it is in Buda.
    By the time we got home, it was about 9:30pm.  Wife got ready for bed and I went downstairs to write a couple of blogs and make sure all the last minute work gets done, such as separating the clean clothes after washing and placing in the correct rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment