Monday, August 26, 2019

8/26/19 Old School Typical Sunday?

    Maybe it is a sign of good things coming, but this Sunday was nice enough, for me.  I got up as usual, too early for even my own good.  I got up and noticed lights still on, so I put on a shirt to go and look around.  Javalina was still watching YouTube videos on his phone and had the light on like it was the middle of the day.  I asked him "what the hell are you doing, Dumdum?  Your body needs rest, cut the shit and go to sleep."  He gave me a whiny "Why?!" but he was asleep within minutes.  I figured I'd come down and write yesterday's blog.
    I putzed around the kitchen, probably slept on and off for another hour, then got to writing and drinking coffee and oh yeah, I even had cake Boy bought for my birthday.  I stayed up until around 8:00am and then slept until almost 11:00am.  At this point, I asked Wife "you want to go with me to Lowe's or not?"  She got up and took a quick shower, woke Javalina with promises of breakfast tacos and we then left the house.  We stopped at the Lowe's on Stassney and looked around.  I was just going to buy a couple more pickets for the fence, but between my in-laws at our birthday dinner, I got $150 in cash and gift cards, so it made me want stuff.  I had been kind of eyeing the new and smaller drills.
    When I decided I had made my choice, a Dewalt 12V compact 1/4in driver, an employee came over and said "you don't want that, it's junk."  He said I wouldn't be happy with the life of the battery and it wasn't "brushless" technology, which I still don't know what that means.  He had me waiting around for 10-15 minutes because he was sure he could find something better.  I like Dewalt, first of all.  I am not relying on this drill for my livelihood, it is basically a toy, for me.  I have a wired drill, if I need something that will go all day.  I have my big hammer drill battery powered Dewalt, which I think is huge and heavy.  Buying this drill is like buying a small convertible.  I know it is not a smart purchase, but I thought it would be neat.  Ultimately, he came out with two Dewalt bags and he said Happy Birthday and each one had a battery and a charger inside.
    The only problem is my drill was a 12V and these batteries were 20V, just a little bigger.  I then had a choice at home, throw away or not use the free batteries, which are at least $50 each, or go back and get a bigger drill.  I took a nap after we had left, we went looking at a car up north, I really love the look of the Dodge Challenger and this one was a like a dirty dark green, and Wife must have been in a good mood, she normally cringes at the sound of Dodge.  We then stopped for tacos, hence my need for a nap.
    After my nap, we went to the Lowe's in Kyle, Wife found some Halloween stuff and I offered a different Lowe's as it might have more or different Halloween stuff.  I ended up finding a "deal" where I got two different drills for $199 but they threw in a free battery powered circular saw.  Again, I know it is more of a toy than a workhorse, but I have a wired handsaw and a reciprocating saw and a couple of manual handsaws, so Wife said Happy Birthday and we left.
    We ended the day by stopping at HEB and buying stuff to make subs and we ate those for dinner.  By the time we finished it was after nine and time for Wife to get her stuff together and go to bed.  It was a nice day for shopping for fun stuff, but the weekends end too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment