Tuesday, August 6, 2019

8/6/19 I Can't Breath?

    I know three weeks ago I was saying this has been a mild summer so far, but mannnnn, somebody got the memo and turned up the heat.  I know August is just the worst month temperature wise, but I will still say it is ugly out there.  I feel real bad for Javalina doing all day camps right now, 2 a days sounds a lot better.  My poor guy is there from 7:15am until about 4:00pm.  Football practice is from 7:15am until around 11:00am.  He takes a lunch, then he has band practice in the afternoon until 4:00pm.  He was doing just band camp from 8:00am to 4:00pm, so even without football, it is a lot to ask for from these kids.  His only defense is a half gallon water jug that the band directors recommended he bring in with him.  Of course, as always, he was arguing this point before school started that he would just take a water bottle, to which I said no because that just looks a little ghetto to me, if everyone else has a thermos to keep their drink cool.
    This weekend, just so we are reminded of how important Air Conditioning is, when we were at the mall, we walked into the upstairs of Dillard's and the A/C was out.  Speaking of "I can't Breath!!". it was immediately uncomfortable and ugly.  Just walking to the escalator to go downstairs had me almost breaking into a sweat.  I don't know how people without A/C survive this weather.
    I don't know if our house needs more insulation, but the attic holds a lot of heat and it takes until past midnight to get the temperature up there to get under control.  Even if I set the thermostat to 75, which is fairly cool in our house, it still will take hours to move down from 78 to 77.  I know it has to do with the attic sustaining all that heat above.
    Finally, I know I shouldn't complain since Javalina is the one out there all day, but I hate getting up at 3:45pm to go and get him from school.  The Excursion is just like a great oven when I get in it.  I have been running both front and rear A/Cs just to cool it off faster.  Still, it takes until I just about get to Crockett High School before I start feeling comfortable.  The shade of the house to where we park in front of the house doesn't start to get interesting until about 7:00pm which is fine for when I am going to work, but it doesn't do much for picking Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment