Saturday, August 10, 2019

8/10/19 The ROKU Device Really Rocks?

    I had not had a chance t mess around with the Roku we bought a year or two ago much.  It has Netflix and HULU and a few other choices selected and I did not even know or think there were other "channels" in existence.  I accidentally landed on whatever channel Amazon Prime haslast week and found The Boys, a really cool darker more realistic look at how life would be if we really had superheroes amongst us.  It shows them concerned with their movie tie-ins and how much they get off the back end and stuff like that.  Also, the main story line is a guy loses his GF to one of them who appears to be high or out of control.  In the 2nd episode they show us a hangout where most of the "supers" go and hang out to take care of their dirty fixations, be they drugs, women, gambling or whatever.  Anyways, when I wanted to show it to Wife on the computer, she said "can't you just put the channel on the Roku thingy?  I said "probably, if I mess around with it long enough, grrr."  I hate dicking around too much, but this was fairly easy and when I went into search mode, I found a bunch of other channels.
    My attention was caught by a Yoga channel, and I downloaded it quickly, not because I care about yoga, but I like looking at women bending into weird shapes.  What I found was a woman, not fat, but like real, she was bending but not like they would on ESPN where everything is perfect.  This looked like a real person doing yoga as best she could and she had multiple episodes on there.  The channel was also loaded by a girl doing ASMR videos, those where the person does gentle noises, in the first case she was filling her mouth with Pop Rocks and putting a microphone to it.  To me, this is always bordering on erotic but not really.  There is something to the attractive girl having her mouth open to the microphone and letting us hear the crackling and popping inside, but then again, it is just a candy.  Wife was unaware of any of this kind of stuff, she hung in about 5 minutes before she told me to change it, it was just stupid.
    I also found a channel that does the local news for any number of cities in the US.  If I have an HGTV channel on this Roku and I can watch the main channels with rabbit ears, why are we still paying $205 a month for cable.  I need to explore this thing a bit more, but we really don't watch TV, other than college football, and if I can find a way to get my Longhorns without missing a game, I might come around and decide I don't need cable anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment