Tuesday, August 13, 2019

8/13/19 Javalina's Schedule Is Really Testing Me?

    I really want school to start to get some normalcy going.  This week is just ridiculous for me.  I went to bed last night with Wife, woke at 4:40am to walk her out, stayed awake because I can't just sleep all day.  Got going at 7:00am to take him to football practice.  I stopped at HEB because we didn't have much as far as food goes at the house.  I maybe slept for an hour, then I had to go get him at noon.  We got home, and I made lunch for us, some burgers.  I then slept from about 2:00pm to 6:00pm.  This was ok.  I am still at work, it is now almost 7:00am, Boy is supposed to be dropping him off today through Thursday.
    For some reason, they have a short practice, so I could either rush home now and try to sleep for an hour and a half or hang out at work and head on over to pick him up around 9:00am.  I came in late to work on purpose tonight, knowing I would be here later than normal.  I guess the coaches have some teaching thing to do, so football has to wait , for a day.  They are supposed to  have a scrimmage this Friday which I was looking forward to, but now I see a note that it has been moved to Thursday.  There is some confusion because Javalina said the scrimmage starts maybe at 11:00am, which would be horrible for me to try and attend.  The note the coaches sent home says the JV squad starts at 8:30am and is done before 10:00am.  My boy said they don't have enough Freshmen, so the freshmen will be absorbed by the JV squad.  On a positive note, Javalina says as far as it looks, he is starting on both offense as right guard and defense as a defensive end.  I don't know that he is quite tall enough to play defensive end, but maybe losing the 40 pounds in January, he is much faster.  I am excited to see that.  Again, to see these scrimmages will have me moving my sleep all over the place.  At least they should get a break on Friday, they usually get the day off after a game, but who knows?
    Either way, I should be sleeping better next week, once he starts school and is there for the full class day plus practice after school.

No comments:

Post a Comment