Thursday, August 22, 2019

8/22/19 Another Year Goes By?

    I can't say yesterday was my best birthday, maybe looking for best and biggest is a thing of youth, but it was nice.  Boy came back into town from his comic con in Dallas on Tuesday but I didn't see him until Wednesday afternoon.  He came through like a champ, offering to take me and Javalina to dinner.  I was leaning to Outback, but that would have required going to San Marcos, which is no big deal, but Boy then mentioned that there is a lot of construction on the highway, so that turned me off to that idea and we fell back to our old standby, Longhorn Steakhouse.
    The morning was nice as I got a few calls from my folks and some friends wishing me a happy birthday.  I took Javalina to school and then I was alone for a few hours.  I figured the best thing was to just sleep.  I slept through the afternoon and woke up around 4:30pm.  I had a text from my old UT friend who I had not talked to since probably her birthday last year.  We got caught up with each other's lives after about an hour and then it was about time to go pick up Javalina from football practice.  He said they were having an early release, around 6:00pm, so we got there about 6:05pm but ended up waiting until 6:40pm.  It got annoying because even though I drove around the campus, I couldn't see if they were still out there.  The band kids were out there, man they put in the most hours.
    Wife ordered me Tiff's Treats, which is a fairly new fresh warm cookie delivery service, which we needed to be home by 7:00pm.  We barely got there and the door rang like 5 minutes later.  I got an assortment of different cookies, chocolate chip, chocolate pecan, oatmeal raisin, snickerdoodle, to name the ones I recognized.  I even got a pint of vanilla ice cream and a small milk and chocolate, which I thought was a bit much, but cute.
    We headed out to eat after Javalina took a shower.  We stopped at Target so he could get a couple cases of water.  He was telling me a story about buying a single water for $1.25 from the vending machine when I was able to get him a case of 28 for $3.00.
    I was so surprised to see Longhorn Steakhouse full on a Wednesday.  We were sat down immediately, but waited for probably ten minutes, the manager came out to offer us some free appetizers.  Javalina even got nervous as to why were they free.  I told him to hush, if they want to give us free food, we take it.  We got a free order of chicken bites and chili fries, which we ate in a hurry, we were all hungry.  I believe the three of us got the 8oz sirloin, so the ticket was like $15.99 times 3.  Add in a couple drinks, and the meal was under $60, with a tip.
    I got home needing to lay down, I was full and glazy eyed.  It was just around 9:40pm, I told Javalina to make sure and do his HW and I believe my sister called while I was sleeping, her kids sang some version of Happy Birthday and then they hung up.  I tried getting up at 12:30am, Boy was still up modifying a project for his 3D printer on the computer.  I tried writing this, but just ended up sleeping until about 2:00am, which I ended up just going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment