Friday, August 2, 2019

8/2/19 Possible New Nickname For Javalina?

    I am not sure what will happen with my younger boy, but he is getting involved with high school already, even though there are a couple more weeks of summer left.  He has been going to band camp the last two weeks and he comes home wore out.  He says they do exercises and are always practicing formations and how to march properly.
    He got curious about football and if he was going to be contacted, so he went over to talk to the coaches since he was on campus and found out the freshmen started yesterday, on Thursday.  His coach did have the decency of asking his name and if he went by any nicknames.  He mentioned his name and then he said he had been called Javalina by the coaches throughout 7th and 8th grade football since 1 of the coaches comes from my hometown area and he mentioned how he went to school down there for a couple weeks when Wife started her new job.  The school mascot where I grew up is the Javalina.  The coach said cool but my boy didn't feel like the name stuck with the coach.  I personally like it, but it's not up to me.
    On the first day of football practice, he said the coach said with his big poofy hair, my son looked like Maui from Moana.  That is about the only way to make my son light up, after all, Maui is a freaking demi-god with a huge ego to boot.  I hadn't even seen the cartoon but I was checking out clips to see if Maui is seen as good or bad and he is singing a song all about how great he is and about the only thing you can say to him is thank you because he has provided man with everything.  I guess he will accept that new nickname but it will mean he has to keep the big head of hair which he was contemplating cutting off to start the school year.
    I was surprised to hear him able to control himself and not start challenging everyone in there to arm wrestling contests as is normal everywhere else.  He said a couple of those guys are just huge, like he is glad they are not freshmen, so that is probably good for Mr. "I Can Compete With Anyone".

No comments:

Post a Comment