Monday, August 12, 2019

8/12/19 Summer Is Over?

    I am sitting wondering what to write about and the truth is that I am just waiting for school to begin next week for Javalina.  The summer passes by too fast.  We talked of doing this and doing that, but really if you are going to do something, like travel, it has to be done early, like in June.  June and most of July were almost pleasant, we kept getting showers and thunderstorms about once a week to keep temperatures down.  August comes in like a bully, turning up the temperature above 100 degrees and making all the clouds disappear.  I hate that my birthday is in the end of August because school starts about then, but I can also figure that by then the worst of summer is over and we are only a couple weeks away from feeling the first cool fronts.
    As far as summer being over, we didn't do much as far as traveling.  We got as far as Houston with Wife for a conference.  We have been talking and we are sure next year is when we will start vacationing again.  We have been dealing with getting our finances in order and that is about done, Wife doesn't like it mentioned, but I'll write a blog on that when I can see we are done.
    She has decided to go back to school and is taking some classes.  She got 2 A's on her first two classes and I congratulate her, but really us.  She is doing all the work, no doubt, but we are also sitting quietly and supportively waiting for her to do her thing and potentially open up some more opportunities to make more money.  At the very least, this has to be a way for her to get back over here.  Unless they plan to really pay her a real salary, I have lost the flavor of her being so far away from us.  I don't think the knuckleheads down there appreciate what she does enough to pay her an honest salary, so I think it has gotten time to bring her experience and apply it elsewhere.
    Boy was getting a little carried away with playing house with his GF, he says it all stops when school starts, I said it's better if it slows down already.  I realize he is 25, but I also still buy his underwear and provide for him, so I get a say.
    Javalina is currently busting his husky butt out on the football field with the other kids going out for football.  It is really the best sport, but damn this weather and them having to start practicing in this heat.  He is like a wilted flower when we pick him up, all dehydrated and beat up from being in the sun.  He was supposed to have an extra practice on Saturday and I got up at 6:00am and was sitting here, ready to take him but he wouldn't budge.  I talked to him as he lay on the sofa and he just did not want to go out into the heat.  I couldn't blame him.  He stayed home knowing he may be punished today for it, but going hard five days a week seems like enough.  I hope to see a cold front soon, this whole week,  we are supposed to be in the +100s, all the way up to 105 today and tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment