Sunday, August 11, 2019

8/11/19 Heat Strokes Or HOA Fines?

    I refuse to pay other men to do work in my house that we can do.  I have never had men come and cut the grass when we could handle it.  That being said, it has been difficult to get my boys to head outside with the temperature headed above 100 degrees.  We are three weeks into me trying to get either of the boys to go out and help me.  I refuse to cut it myself, so I will keep making deals with them.
    I guess the third time's the charm.  I was up at 6:00am and would like to have cut the grass at that time, but of course, life does not work that way.  I can't be making loud noises at that hour and neither boy was going to respond well to me waking them up at that hour.  I went back to sleep and tried again at noon.  Javalina was mad because I woke him up so early, I told him to shut it, "it's noon."
    In all honesty, I don't care about the yard that much, but if we don't stay on top of it, the stupid HOA wins and now they started dropping fines on us.  In the spring, we got a notice that our yard was overgrown and we were charged a $25 fine.  Since then, I have been making sure the grass stays cut and doing it every two weeks and it has needed it with all the rain we had until June.  As soon as August started, it's like they turned the heat up and most of our lawn turned yellow.  Since it is mostly dead, it just needed to be cut to make sure it is all even and dead in one layer.
    The problem today was that the older mower did not want to start.  Boy usually uses it and does the front.  Javalina does the bigger back lawn but he uses the bigger mower with the powered front wheels.  I follow behind and trim.  It seemed to take twice as long with the one mower.  I felt abandoned after they got done, as both little shits ran inside to shower and cool off.  I stayed outside to finish trimming, picking up all the trash the stupid raccoons kick out of the cans, and I also noticed the hedges up front needed a trim, so I did that as well.  Eventually, I yelled at Boy to come back out and handle the trash cans which he took to the street.  I also got Javalina to put fresh chlorine and refill the pool as the water level had gotten real low.
    Another couple weeks maybe a month and the grass hopefully goes dormant and we can stop the silliness of keeping up with the Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment