Tuesday, May 1, 2018

5/1/18 House Is Looking Bigger?

    Our second roommate is pretty much 99% out of the house.  I got up around 2:00pm yesterday to sounds of the vacuum going strong and when I looked in the room after I had gotten up and picked up my boy from school, I can see she did a pretty good job, room almost looks new.  She still has a desk and bookshelf to get, but that is fine.  With no current roommates, we have two empty rooms and although I like having extra people around for the extra noise and hoopla, I think I could get used to our house being our house.  That really hasn't been the case, since we moved in.  Whether my brother, one of a few of Boy's friends, or these latest string of even girls living here, we have not really had the house to ourselves often.
    My brother was making a big stink about not visiting because we always have tenants and that means they can't have a room to themselves.  I guess he'll dig deeper for a better excuse because although we have now been in this house over ten years, they still only come over about twice a year, and they usually come late and leave early, but hey, the house is now how the family wanted it.  You would figure my sister would be calling any minute, "hey we're going over this weekend."  Ha!  Nobody comes to visit unless my mom comes, first of all.  I think she may still be wiping their colitas because I can't recall any of them coming without my mom.  I mean they are all neighbors, so it is logistically possible.  I kid!
    It was kind of funny  hearing my mother in law say that they too have pretty much always had extra people living with them.  When they moved to Wisconsin, my father in law's brothers both lived with them and they have had other people as well.  I remember a cousin living with them in high school, and as my mother in law says since moving to San Antonio the two other daughters have been with them along with their significant others.
    On the one hand, it does make for a more crowded house, on the other, it can be more interesting as there are more life stories going on and who doesn't like a little drama.  I've thought about getting a smaller house as I have been told to do, but if the median house price is now close to $300,000, I am going to end up with a similar monthly payment, but in a smaller house?  No thanks.  If we're done with guests, the room downstairs will be our dedicated guest room and the extra room upstairs will eventually become a game room and I will figure out a way to move the pool table upstairs.  The model home looked really cool that way, but Javalina  isn't giving his room up any time soon and that was the game room because the room is so wide.  Who knows maybe the roomies call in a while, needing our help, either way, I dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment