Thursday, May 17, 2018

5/17/18 Boats?

    I know I sound like I've lost it when we are crunched right now financially, but there will be a time when we get better and I still see a boat in our future.  I've been getting a Boating magazine and looking for boats on YouTube and stuff.  I've noticed that they are changing, and pretty fast.  Ten years ago, they were just getting bigger and bigger, there were these houseboats that looked like they were pontoon boats when they were babies, now they are on steroids.  These boats, if we can call them, were a mix between pontoon boat and trailer house.  I loved the idea of having a couple bedrooms, and an A/C so one can sleep on their boat.  Fast forward a few years and these boats don't even seem to be in production no more.  It is hard enough to find used ones from five years ago.
    What seems to be the new thing is a more compact boat.  Instead of 60 or 100 feet in length, these boats are staying in the 30-40 foot range and packing a lot into them.  With bedrooms below, even up to three.  The whole main floor is for entertaining, with a salon (living room), galley (kitchen), even a head (bathroom), so you don't have to go bothering belowdeck.  Instead of the outdated pontoons, some of these new "mini yachts" come with a fiberglass hull to cut through water waves easily.
    The look of the boats is different too.  They are using these large picture windows to show the beauty around you, instead of making the boat 99% fiberglass with just a few tiny windows.  I like this idea for a boat. All of them seem to have a place to hang out in front and in the back plus some are still pushing for the party deck on top (roof), with enough weight holding capacity to allow 17 people and it can be driven from up top.
    Some of these boats may have existed all along, but they are just making it here from overseas, possibly.  Jeaneou, or something like that is a French builder and they are very much working with these limitations of smaller boat, bigger feel.  I know it sounds like a lot but seeing that some of these boats are only $100,000, with two bedrooms and everything else seems like a bargain to me.
    I don't know how we will be financially in the future, but I would really like something like this.  Just an idea while I'm bored and looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment