Sunday, May 6, 2018

5/7/18 Kids Suck?

    Wife has introduced me to Black-ish and of course instead of picking up where the funny lives, she chooses to introduce me when the couple are going through a rough patch.  I call bullshit on this, she (the wife) has been on some postpartum depression thing since having her fifth kid.  Fifth kid!!  Again, it's a vagina, not a clown car.  Stop having kids at 2-3 and your life will be better.  Studies have shown that there are three things that keep people at the poverty line and a lack of education and an overabundance of kids are two of the three.
    I also have a hard time believing she is experiencing depression.  I know women have a right to feel whatever, but in the show she is a doctor, her husband is an executive, they live in a nice big house, they got a ton of kids that looks like she wanted.  If you got money, healthy kids, and a husband that participates I say cut it out with the depression shenanigans.
    I don't understand why in the show they keep falling apart.  They both seem to be trying to get over the hump of whatever crawled up the relationship's ass.  I know it's a TV show, but it does not seem realistic to me.  I believe it has everything to do with their newborn.  But even then, she is one o fthe lucky few that can take time off from work and be with the baby.  Isn't that what every new mama wishes she had more of?  Time with the newest child?  And also, the husband's parent's live with them, so Grandma is there to lend a helping hand any time, it seems.  From I have seen, she at least talks to them and is mobile, so she should be in a position to help.
    I know I am thinking too much about a fake relationship, but if there weren't a fifth kid, there wouldn't be a need for them to be going through this.  I guess I am trying to prove that having too many kids sucks.  Wife tells me that is not up to me, that different people feel differently.  I know that, and sure, some people love having babies around, but they don't stay babies quite long enough.
    If anything, I appreciate my boys now that they are older.  I like influencing Javalina right now, whether it's with the music he is listening to or his thinking about the world.  I would like to think I have done a pretty good job with Boy who is a very no nonsense kid.  And I just love not having to worry about having that impromptu diaper emergency which might fall on me to clean if they were still young.

No comments:

Post a Comment