Tuesday, May 29, 2018

5/29/18 What Are The Expectations Of A Man Child?

    All weekend I have been hounding Boy to get his shit together and cut the grass in the backyard.  Honestly, I would just rather do it myself, but I managed to sprain my big toe somehow and it hurts to walk with purpose.  I have been trying to rest my foot all weekend, but that is always a hard stretch.  I believe I hurt it Friday morning while cutting the grass in the morning.
    Boy wants to whine that he is tired when he gets home and he is working full time.  Umm, I'm sorry princess, but I too worked a full week with 12 hour shifts for 5 days, not 8 hour little baby shifts.  I managed to come home and cut the grass, wash your clothes along with everyone elses, clean the kitchen, the pool, and you just managed to have a sleepover all weekend.
    For some reason, Boy had some of his new girlfriend's friends come and spend the night at our house.  I don't mind this at all, but I really felt he should have helped me outwith cutting the grass before people showed up.  Instead, he came home early Friday, great, but just managed to nap.  I did everything I mentioned above after working a full shift, dropping off Javalina and going on 3 hours sleep all day Friday.
    Here's the question, should I still expect Boy to help out around the house?  He has never done much of the heavy lifting.  I don't think he knows how to run the washer or dryer.  He has no idea that dishes have to be washed after we eat on them.  His very nice Ford Edge has been washed about three times, twice by me in the 1.5 years he has been driving it.  I say I still get to pester him since he lives at home and doesn't pay rent, he is a member of the family and should act as such and help.  Or is he a "man" and I should back off and just be content to have him around and let him do as he does?  Wife kept saying "don't embarrass him in front of his friends this weekend as they all stretched out all over the house.  Again, it does not bother me, I just expect him to say "My parents were really cool letting me have all these people over, the least I am going to do is cut the grass, in the back."  Apparently that was too much gratitude to expect from the Brown Turd.
    I honestly thought Monday would be home day.  Everybody seemed to leave the house on Sunday in the afternoon.  I expected him to be home Sunday.  I was being nice and not wanting to wake him up too early, but when Javalina came down, I asked him to check on Boy, mostly to get any dirty clothes in his room, and he tells me he is not in his room.  Even when I want to be nice and let him sleep in, he still managed to screw us over by leaving to the girlfriend's house.  He came back just in time to take a shower and get in bed.  What a life, Turd!

No comments:

Post a Comment