Tuesday, May 8, 2018

5/8/18 State Exams On Kids?

    I know just yesterday I was saying kids suck, and the truth is, it is scary to have kids, you want the best for them and you don't want to see them suffer or even be uncomfortable, but it is that forging in tough situations which makes a kid interesting.  Javalina has been dreading all year the math portion of his test, on the one hand a kid shouldn't be stressing and worried about any given test like their future depends on it, but then I see the other side, it helps define the smarter kids that are interested in really learning.  I don't know, I remember liking the testing procedure, I always did ok, and as they say it separated the cream from the crap.
    I think Texas has the resources to rank higher than it does against all 50 states.  We are not the poorest state, by far.  We should be spending more than say all our surrounding states and so on.  To find out currently we are somewhere around 43rd out of 50 states is embarrassing.  Well, another point of embarrassment is we also rank 44th in amount spent per student, so I guess the people at the top care that much.
    I didn't mean to get into this tough of an item to discuss, it's just today Javalina has some big exam in math and we know he has been worried about his performance.  Everyone has different strengths, and yes, I would like my boys to follow me into the sciences, but I do notice Javalina has the same mouth as my brother, never stops talking and taking little digs at everyone around him.  Maybe instead of a scientist, we have another lawyer on our hands.  That wouldn't be too shabby.
    Either way, good luck Javalina.  You will do fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment