Saturday, May 26, 2018

5/26/18 Finally Walked Into The Ferrarri Dealership?

    I know I can't afford one, Mom.  Worse yet, I am not sure I could squeeze my fat ass into one of these works of art, but I thought Javalina should see these cars up close to appreciate.  They just had their official grand opening recently, and the building looks beautiful, if not a little spartan.  The only decorations on the grey walls were giant images of older Ferraris, mostly in Ferrari Red.  It was funny, I was telling Javalina how most of the time, when you saw a Ferrari on TV, it used to be in this bright cool red color.  And he says "like in all the posters.  Sure enough, 80% of the posters were of red Ferraris.
    Javalina was unimpressed until he saw a white convertible with white leather seats and then he came around.  Still, all the cars had a "Do Not Touch" sign, so I couldn't even push him to sit in any of them.  It was also weird that they only had a total of maybe 10 cars, including the ones outside, the main room and the back room.
    It was cool that they had an old Testarossa in the right color, red, and of course, an oil pan underneath, as I have always read that these cars leak all the time.  Javalina says some of the other cars also had oil pans underneath, but I didn't notice them.  Maybe because it was a Friday afternoon, but there were no other customers and only 1 dude appeared to be a salesman and they had the prerequisite cute girl working the phones and saying hi at the door.
    Honestly, the coolest car in my opinion was the Alfa Romeo 4C Spider in the convertible variety because it had the same sexy lines and curves as the Ferraris, but it was also much more compact, like an older Lotus which were always cool cars. Entry level price for the spider is also around a reasonable $64,000.  I almost had a heart attack on seeing the first Ferrari with its sticker price of over $1 million.  The next one was also over $699,000.
    My only complaint is that the location still requires one to drive through William Cannon in East Austin which is beaner central.  I'm sorry, but us Hispanics don't buy things like Ferraris, we carry a lot of weight in the ass, and everywhere else.  I am sure they prefer the customers weigh closer to 150 pounds which puts me and my baby (Javalina..., even Wife) out.  Maybe Boy could possibly one day drive one.  But they are still some sexy ass cars and it was nice to be able to see so many in one location.  I'll get Javalina out to the BMW dealership next time I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment