Friday, May 4, 2018

5/4/18 Burger King Needs Improving?

    Burger King has always had a decent burger but I am not certain it means to be more than 4th or 5th best burger option.  They need to hire some chefs that like food first of all.  Their patty is delicious with that flame broiled thing they do, but that is as far as someone with flavor took it.  The bun is cold and helpless, the cheese is like plastic and cheap, and of course the veggies are always wilted 2nd rate leftovers.
    We don't usually go there, but Wife had a coupon for 4 burgers, 4 fries, and 4 sodas for $12.99.  This sounded pretty good, so after picking up whiny Javalina because it was hot and he was hungry we headed over there.  There were only two or three workers in the back which doesn't seem right for the 5 O' clock rush hour time but I guess they know what they are doing.  After waiting for a couple minutes while two of the employees fought over who got to make the shake for the person in front of us, our order was finally taken.  It came out surprisingly fast, I mean in the time I served myself my soda and walked over to sit down, the lady was coming over with the two trays.
    I'll have to admit the worst part of dining here was a homeless looking dude sitting facing right at our table.  He looked like he might run towards us and cause trouble.  I felt like he was waiting for any sign so he could start arguing with us.  He eventually took a cell phone out or started yelling into his hand.  I could not eat fast enough to get the hell out of there.  Then there is that trail, when you are leaving a place and they follow you out to ask for money or whatever.  I was up and ready to essentially run to the car, but I held the door open for Wife and she stops at the door almost coaxing the scary dude like a puppy.  She said she was aware he was looking at us, so then if she stops at the door to look in her purse I took it as an invitation to the creepy dude like "c'mon Boy, who's a good Boy?  Come, I got treats in my purse, let me find some for you."  Javalina was even more out of it, I mean, come in.
    Other than the scary homeless dude, Burger Kings always look dirty and old, like they are stuck in the late 80's.  All they have inside is tile and bolted down furniture.  Nothing is inviting about the inside of these places.  But I guess when the burgers go for 4 combos for $12.99, you can't expect much.  But then again, all the other fast food places manage to feel friendlier and cleaner and lighter.
    If the bun was warmed somehow, maybe toasted, this burger would be first rate.  The fries were actually ok, so they could rank much higher much faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment