Tuesday, May 22, 2018

5/22/18 Having My Folks Visit?

    Maybe retirement is good for my mom, we just had another very pleasant visit from them.  I was half expecting my sister and her family to join along, but my brother in law was asked to be a godfather for some nephew's communion at church.  I don't normally care whether they come visit or not, but her and my attorney brother were just busting my balls about me having roommates and "we would visit more often if not for all your little tenants."  Well, I got two empty rooms and where y'all at?
    Anyways, after visiting with Boy's friends Friday evening, my parents finally showed up around 10-10:30pm.  It was nice, they had already eaten dinner, we ate some leftovers from the week that I "cooked" for Wife.  Javalina and his sleepover buddies had pizzas and Boy went and had dinner with his friends.  After all the hellos, Mom sat with us and mostly Wife was talking about all the shenanigans that go on around her at her job.  We probably went to bed around midnight.
    Saturday morning I got up at 7:00am, went outside after I had a cup of coffee and started draining the hottub with a small pump.  Usually, I just use a bucket but that leaves me feeling like shit and sore the next few days.  This little pump did all the magical hard work for me.  I just sat inside and waited until the water was all the way down.  I did have to scrub the walls, but that was about 5 minutes worth of work.  I then set the hose to it and just waited for it to fill up.  The morning was so freaking nice, even my folks came out with their coffee to sit and chat while I messed with the dirty algae and dead bugs.
    The afternoon was filled with the usual fare of the mall, bookstore, odd stores here and there.  Then they started.  Everyone decided they wanted to see Avengers, so Boy went and got tickets at Alamo Drafthouse for us.  The movie didn't start until 10:15pm, so we all went home, it was 7:00pm and took a nap.  Wish I could say it was a great movie, but you saw my thoughts on it.
    Sunday started off real nice, it was raining, my folks had said they were staying until Monday, we had no rush to do anything.  I still got up at 8:00am to enjoy a cup of coffee but then  my brother called with a personal emergency and my folks decided it would be best to go and be close by for him, just in case.  All in all, a very nice relaxing weekend.  I took a nap for awhile, we went to Target for some food for the week, and I even got to go towork and do some OT.

No comments:

Post a Comment