Sunday, May 13, 2018

5/14/18 Mother's Day?

    Wife didn't want to go spending money on trinkets this year, so the next best thing is doing what she wants without complaining.  I took care of the front lawn on Friday, and today I woke up Boy at the crack of 10:00am so he could cut the grass in the back.  I was going to help him by following and trimming, but I got distracted with all the boxes and cardboard leftovers in the garage so I never made it to the backyard.  He came back into the garage, grabbed the trimmer, a newly charged battery and back to work without saying too much.  Since I was going to take care of the trimming but I didn't tell him this, I felt a little guilty, but then again, the boy is 24, he can handle an hour's worth of work.  He does very little the rest of the week.
    I finished cutting all the boxes about the time he was done cutting, I went to look around the backyard, always underwhelmed at the boy's efforts, but it is done.  I took out a new hose I bought about 3 months ago and installed it to the faucet in the back.  The hose is part of my efforts to clean up the pool by next week.  I am interested in cleaning the pool because my dad likes very few things, but he has always liked swimming, and especially when he has the pool to himself.  Knowing it will be up near 100 will be reason enough to have the pool clean and shiny as my folks said they are coming.  Knowing they are coming cuts the pain of the dagger my mom fired at me Saturday afternoon.  After getting up and showering, Wife figured we had nothing to do so she asked "what if we drive down to spend the night at your mom's, so you can be there on Mother's Day."  I thought "hmm, it's a long drive, but you'll be doing it, so sure."  But I called my mom and asked what they were doing and she said they were on their way out of town, my dad was taking her shopping for Mother's Day and then dinner. Certainly doesn't sound like dad, but ok.  Mom actually told me "nah, don't come, we'll see you next week."  All I could tell Wife is "See, I rank behind my siblings, my dad, the family dog, then Big Mando."  But that's ok.  We'll celebrate next week, it's fine.
    Anyways, we finished messing around with the backyard and then I took a quick shower and we headed to San Antonio to eat lunch with my in-laws.  They made a traditional Mexican meal with chicken mole, rice and beans.  Then there were two cakes to enjoy for dessert.  It was a pleasant afternoon, the conversation was brisk and light and although I had the option to go nap, I decided against it, since I like hearing the stories about Wife's job and she had a few.  We came back before 9:00pm and Boy and I went and got groceries for the week while Wife and Boy showered and got ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment