Thursday, May 10, 2018

5/10/18 Heroes Must Die?

    I fucking hate the concept of super heroes dying, even if they are movies and it is all fake.  Most heroes come to us with a given weakness and they'll tease us, like Superman time and time again with kryptonite.  But in the end, good wins, evil sucks it.  Nowadays we got these fucking shitty movies of good guys battling good guys and super super evil guys who can and do actually kill some heroes, but for what purpose?
    I could be wrong but I thought job 1 of these heroes is selling merchandise.  The second job is stimulating the minds of young kids who like to pretend to be heroes, whether Thor, or Iron Man, or even a DC hero, why not?  Nowadays, you're confusing the kids by having people they idolize act "bad".  What happens to the kid that fully commits to be whoever, Aquaman, and then some bad guy from some old random comic book shows up and screws up everything, well, I don't like it.  If indeed Spider-Boy was killed in this last one as I overheard, do we throw away all the Spider-Man shit in my kid's room.  Ooh, does it become a collector's item and some perv will offer to buy our spidey sheets for more than we paid?
    This bullshit happened with the X-Men series, about 10 years ago in the movie where a lot of them died.  Awesome, your stupid asses got lucky Wolverine is most everyone's favorite and then the bullshit with going back in time kept the millions coming in.  Right here is the reason you don't kill the hero, just to make a couple extra bucks today, what about tomorrow?  A friend I was arguing about this suggested that the old heroes dying allows for new characters to come to the front.  They're doing that with Star Wars, you'd rather be Luke or Vader lite, Kylo Ren?  How are boys going to get into the new series if so far there are no new dudes who can field a lightsaber  I know it's a new world but the boys fly the girls to the battle scene and they "wait in the car" like Finn or Poe (who are both great pilots but not jedis) for "Sally" to do the battling like so far only Rey has done.  Way to think it through, I know feminists are standing up and clapping, but as soon as girls sniff make-up and perfume, they are gone.  Boy, at 24, still regularly looks for rare Star Wars shit to buy, money be damned.  You think a 20-something girl is going to spend their money as foolishly.
    Transformers almost ruined my younger boy a few years ago when Optimus Prime was killed, and violently, ripped open in the chest with a huge sword, it sucked, my boy stood up and scrceamed and cried for about 20 minutes until the stupid everspark brought him back.  As a parent, I have to ask, Why?  I'm fine thinking Super-man leaves the planet every once in a while to think, but he can always come back, but if they are definitively killed, what do you do?  I know you clever assholes will reincarnate them, at least the money makers, but I say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment