Saturday, May 19, 2018

5/20/18 And My House Flexed Its Muscle?

    Our house had been down to just the three of us boys during the week and Wife joining us on the weekends.  That means that our 5 bedroom house feels mostly empty, with the two vacated bedrooms and all sorts of living rooms sitting unused.
    Last night was one of those nights that lined up where a bunch of kids showed up.  Javalina is different than Boy in that he will plan a weekend for his friends to come over.  He only does it about once a month and then for one night only, usually on a Friday.  Boy, on the other hand, since Kinder would have all these boys who needed more parenting.  Even in Kinder, I remember a little white boy came over, his parents said we'll see you later, shook our hand and we didn't hear from them until Sunday night.  That was a very "what the F**k?" moment for us.  It didn't change, he had luck, friending boys who were on the verge of parents divorcing or separating.  From about 1st grade through 6th grade another boy we loved as our own was here on any random night.  It continued through high school culminating with one of his friends just moving in his senior year.  Add to this that either my sister in law or my brother have lived with us and one can see why I felt a need for a house with space.
    Anyways, getting back to last night (Friday), Javalina had 5-6 boys spending the night, Boy had his new girlfriend and his friend and younger sister here, and then my parents showed up around 10:00pm.  The house never felt overcrowded and it was awesome to see them or anyone finally jump in the pool.  The boys all decided it would be a good idea to jump in the pool around 9:00pm and they stayed in there for a good while.
    I have been cleaning the pool all week because my folks were coming and my dad will jump in there for one and two, I have asshole neighbors who will call the city on me for having a green pool which is a magnet for mosquitos.  I call bullshit because we have a creek that always looks stagnant and green about 100 yards from the house.  I got up this morning sure I would finish with the hot tub and luckily,found my little pump and used it instead of doin it manually with the bucket.  I just sat with my coffee and started writing this and talking with my folks.  Within a half hour, the hot tub was ready for me to go out and scrub it the last bit.  As I write the last bit here I am keeping an eye on the water rising, it is almost full with new clean water for the first time in a year.  I love sitting in it, but had been hesitating with my cut on  my leg, but it has had a year to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment