Wednesday, January 31, 2018

2/1/18 Ticketing A Know-It-All?

    I couldn't help but laugh yesterday as Wife was telling me about her day.  She was here for a conference and that meant Little Miss I Know was driving in her little car trying to do too much as usual.  On her way out of the parking garage, an officer on a bike stopped her and should have given her a ticket but gave her a warning.  I mean we all know the new law that we aren't supposed to have our phones in our hands while driving.  I mean I know because Miss Know It All doesn't go a day without telling me that I am not supposed to have my hands on my phone, not that I do, normally.  I might pick it up to dial her so she can remind me not to pick up my phone.  It is never ending with her is what I am saying, yet when the world turns and it is her that was caught with the phone in her hand, well....
    I asked her if she didn't start explaining to the officer how you know all this and how often you tell me over and over?  She had no answer, just shook her head in a no fashion, kind of defeated.  She said then he must have gotten confused because he saw her badge for La Pryor ISD and gave her a break for being from out of town.  "and you didn't correct him?  You're so good at it."  She said yeah, "I told him my address on my license was old, I have been working in La Pryor for a couple years now.  He then proceeded to explain about blocking the box at an intersection with lights.  I had to stop eating and exclaim "you explained it to him, right?!  I mean how many times have you given me a lecture on that?  Come on, this was your big chance to put an officer in his place and tell him I know, I know."  Surprisingly, she said she took it like a big girl and let him wax poetically and sat there like a dopey out of towner scared by the rushing traffic and crazy street bums.
    I only make fun because ughh... She loves her boys only slightly more than telling me when I am doing something wrong and she gets a chance at every intersection to tell me how I am going to get in the box if I don't stop and I better not be playing with my phone while driving.  I haven't gotten a ticket since I was going to UT, like in 1993.  She has gotten a couple along with a couple of warnings, yet because she is woman, let her roar.  Ha, I laugh, even more so that it didn't cost us money, just a little embarrassment for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment