Saturday, January 27, 2018

1/27/18 Freeze Frame?

    I will readily admit I don't know anything about art.  I have never understood why people would hang photos, I mean portraits, of a bowl of fruit.  How do we determine what is good art?  Who is the ultimate know it all who can tell us yes, that would look good on your walls?  Maybe my expert will turn out to be Boy.  He has been telling us about his adventures downtown and the various art museums he has been to.  There is one that caters specifically to Star Wars and that whole world.  There is another he was talking about focused on the Marvel world.
    I don't know that I am ready to buy full poster size portraits to fill the remaining space on my walls, but I have bought a few smaller pieces when we've gone to Disney World.  We now have about 7 images ranging from Cinderella to the scary people stretched in the entrance to the Haunted Mansion recreated with Mickey, Goofy and other Disney characters.  I've had them in their paper frames which are thick cardboard that protect them from getting folded or wrinkled.  The same goes for the 8x10 photos of Javalina and his teammates.  I had not done anything to them, other than keep them out so they wouldn't get lost in a drawer or closet.
    In the last few months, Boy has started framing his "art" and the images look so much better I have to admit.  I liked it enough that I have now gone and framed Javalinas images and would have hung them butI couldn't find my proper hooks and screws to do it.  I know Wife would just use a tack, but I like to know they won't possibly fall and break later.  I got lucky yesterday, all frames at Hobby Lobby were on sale, so my prints from Disney are all 14x18 and the frame I decided was black and was on sale at a reasonable price of $12.50.  Now I have to find the proper space to put all these images on the wall.  We have huge empty wall space right now that sits empty.  It is the second floor wall in the foyer (entrance) which we would need a ladder to get up that high.  I don't know that I want my fat ass on a dinky ladder to hang a couple of posters, I'll probably use Boy or DD to make this happen, if Wife insists.
    I did decide that if we go with movie posters, I want the original looks of the posters and only one per world.  Such as Star Wars gets one, so does Lord Of The Rings because I truly enjoyed those movies.  After that, I would have to think about it.  Maybe Indiana Jones, or the American Pie saga, although that one is kinda goofy.  I feel like we almost need a Godfather poster, although I never did fall in love with that crew.  Maybe a Pulp Fiction for the work of Tarantino, Wife said a Pixar poster, probably Toy Story.    
    I don't know, this goes with the upgrading of our house, and first for me in order of importance as I have mentioned before is hardwood flooring, but the prints/photos/art whatever you want to call them look a lot more mature in frames

No comments:

Post a Comment