Tuesday, January 9, 2018

1/9/18 Starting New Habits?

    I like Jason's Deli well enough, but I feel a salad shouldn't cost over $10, so we don't go too often.  I decided to give it a try, Javalina and I went after school, both of us ordered salads with water and it came out to $17 and change.  I think that is ok.  Bill Miller is usually $15 and change for the tenders and fries with their delicious iced tea for the two of us.  Some things have got to give and the tea and sodas sounds like an easy one.  I am back over 400 pounds and with just having gone to a funeral for my uncle that was too young, I need to stop farting around.  While we were down there I overheard my other uncle who has always been our family giant at 6ft 5in, he said he weighed as much as 495, but he has been dieting and is down to 315.  He says mainly he eats one meal a day.  I am kicking this idea around, but I think I'll keep the option of a bowl of cereal at night when I go home.
    I was telling Javalina we are going to try and stay away from all the greasy foods we eat.  We can do a burger a week, maybe, but not every day.  He says he was fine with eating a salad a couple times a week, so he is on board.  I then managed to go to the gym here at work since we didn't have any real work.  What I really want to do is start walking again.  That kid that mops needs to go away or I need to figure out his schedule and walk around him.  I managed to walk two miles today and I need to grow from that.  I hate getting winded just getting in the car or doing other simple BS like that.  At this point, Santa bought a punching bag and gloves to Javalina and I talked Wife into letting me set it up in the living room.  She didn't like the idea but she is only in town for two days and it's not like we entertain anyone nowadays.  If we can get on there a couple times a week and break a sweat that would be great.  Santa also got him a leather jump rope.  Jump rope seems like a little girls thing but all boxers seem to do it as part of their routine and you don't see many fat boxers.  Surprisingly, Javalina can already jump rope getting up to 50 on the first few tries and he says at school he can get to 100.  That is great, I told him I want to work up to doing it by minutes not counts.  I also keep talking to that little knucklehead about biking, he is close to getting it, but needs a little further push.  I might buy stupid training wheels, they might do the trick.  I know it would do us good and then we could go exploring the old places I used to bike at.  I feel like I am finally done raising little boys, Javalina is inching up, already taller than mama, he ain't no man yet, but he will do as my cross-training partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment