Thursday, January 25, 2018

1/25/18 Normal Weekend?

    It will be nice to have a regular long weekend, it feels like it's been over a month since I had one.  Between the Christmas break and the freeze and everything else that has happened, it probably has been that long.  I am hoping Wife can break free from her conference early, but she's the kind of nut that if they are going to be released early, she'll ask questions to make sure they stay there the full time.  She told me she was somewhere between San Marcos and San Antonio, I am not 100% sure where she is.  I actually got worried and started thinking the worst last night.  She called before 6:00pm last night as I was leaving for work.  All I got was a message, I guess she's so important she can't talk to us mouthbreathers when she is with the rest of her administrators.  I figured two hours to get to San Antonio, then another half hour to unpack, run to bathroom, but no call around 8:30pm.  Before I knew it, it was almost 10:00pm, so I broke protocol, even if she grounded me for it, I called her before I was supposed to, and nothing.  She usually can't help posting a cartoon on Snapchat, but I found nothing on any of the media things.
    I went to the bathroom, thinking maybe I should go home and see what's up, but by the time I made it back, she finally called.  She said something about waiting for something and they left later than she thought, blah blah blah.  Once I heard she was ok, then fine, go back to playing important person, I just need to know you're ok once in a while, specially while traveling.
    It should be a nice weekend, it has still been just a tad chilly for me all week, but it's one of those weekends I would love to go to the Salt Lick and hang out with some brisket.  Now that I think about it, Wife wanted to just grill some meat here at the house, so we shall probably feast on some cow this weekend, already sounds better.  As busy as we have been, I wouldn't mind a night of OT, but what I hear is that they are barely able to pay us, so thinking about splurging on extra money for anyone of us is probably not going to happen.  It sucks that I have never worked harder than I have these last few months, and yet, the company is still just barely eeking out enough for us to stay afloat.  It got late on me, so I am cutting this one short.  Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment