Tuesday, January 30, 2018

1/30/18 New Roomie?

    After Girlie moved out, I wasn't sure what was going to happen to that room.  I had started moving the workout stuff in there, and Javalina was looking forward to having the weights where he could get to them, easier.  Right after Christmas though, Boy's closest girlfriend called Wife and asked if we could help a friend of hers out.  The friend was getting to a point where she was not getting along with her folks and it was suggested she go find a place to stay.  She has been over to the house as one of Boy's friends when they play their big dungeons and dragons type games on Friday nights, so she was new to us, but not entirely.
    I am always looking for a couple extra bucks and Wife and I said sure, but the rent was going to be the same as what DD pays, $500 a month.  Right after we had the discussion, we found out about the funeral for my uncle and we left for a few days.  I hadn't heard anything from the girl, although we had talked to her and told her our expectations.  Basically, no strange guys coming into my house, which she is not that type of girl.  She is basically another Boy, spends all her time playing different video games, so they are all getting along great at the moment.  I almost thought it had all fallen apart though, but she started moving in about the day we got back from the funeral.
    It's been about three weeks and so far so good.  She starts working alongside Boy today, she also works at Alamo Drafhouse where Boy works, she just doesn't know her hours which will probably be moving around.  She said she has worked there prior so she knows what is required.
    Originally, she had asked if she could stay for a couple months, but as far as I am concerned, she can stay for a year or two, I haven't noticed any weird quirks, she is awesome at cleaning bathrooms.  She attacked the 2nd bath upstairs, we told her Javalina and Boy do not use it, so if she can keep it clean, it can be her personal bathroom, which she liked.  I swear that the tub and walls look new now, I want to figure out a way to get her to clean the one downstairs, as the three boys are taking aim at it, if you know what I mean, leaving it all stinky and making Wife complain like only she can.  I don't know how long she will stay, but so far so good.  I was just talking about having to sweep and mop the kitchen on Friday so it looks nice when Wife arrives and she took it upon herself to sweep while I loaded the washer.  Shoot, the boys have never been that useful.  It sure is nice to have some help plus $1000 extra a month is pretty cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment