Wednesday, January 31, 2018

1/31/18 Boxing, Sport or Abuse?

    This probably won't go farther than this blog and as soon as my Mom and Wife see it I will surely get served a big crockpot of poop, but I like the idea of Javalina joining a boxing group.  He has shown an interest and honestly he is intimidating me, but I don't like getting hit.  I told him I would spar with him, if he wore the inflatable sock 'em bop 'em gloves and I wore the real boxing gloves and he still hit me so hard he punctured one of the arms.
    I don't really want him fighting in a boxing atmosphere, but the training they do is one of the best, most boxers look like badass athletes, all built and with low resting heart rates.  I want to get into the training with him, but my idea is hitting the punching bag and jumping rope, if I even walk through the living room it's "come on Dad, let's fight for a bit."  I am just constantly saying "don't hit me in the face."  "This ain't no Kylo Ren moment, you love your dad."  He still got me just right the other day and I didn't quite see stars, but he hit me in the jaw with a sock'em bop 'em glove on the jaw and it totally straightened me out and my whole body followed that punch up and to the left.
    I want to see if he really has something or if it is just me that is hesitant to want to hit him back.  I mean, best case scenario, I knock him out, I'm a bully, worst case, he knocks me out, which I would never live down.  I just thank DD that keeps getting in there mostly because he enjoys moving around with him and he doesn't mind a punch or two.  He has worked as a bouncer, so I guess once you get used to getting hit, it's not a big deal?
    Austin is a big city so there must be places that do this kind of training, although it seems it is easier to get him into a martial arts class, which could be good to build balance for football season and so he can start the season in better shape.  He is stretching right before our eyes because he does not look like the "Chubs" that he was a year ago even if he technically weighs a couple more pounds than he did at the start of the year.
    Wife lives today, maybe I can look around now that she'll be gone for a couple days.  It was nice having her here, I like knowing my boys are being fed better than panini sandwiches when I am at work.  We're supposed to have breakfast today before she leaves, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment